The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A! Is everyone struggling

Hi, I've been studying all year for OCR physics A and in lessons I have been understanding the topics, I achieve A grades in past papers (from the previous syllabus) however I have now done 4 specimen papers from the new syllabus and didn't get over 50% on any of them, for my school the average on one of the papers was 20% and this is the same with another partner school. Is everyone having this problem? I'd really like to know as there are a lot of stressed and worried students at my school who have been targeted As and are more than capable of achieving them but not reaching the marks in the specimen papers.
Reply 1
Original post by teamyates
Hi, I've been studying all year for OCR physics A and in lessons I have been understanding the topics, I achieve A grades in past papers (from the previous syllabus) however I have now done 4 specimen papers from the new syllabus and didn't get over 50% on any of them, for my school the average on one of the papers was 20% and this is the same with another partner school. Is everyone having this problem? I'd really like to know as there are a lot of stressed and worried students at my school who have been targeted As and are more than capable of achieving them but not reaching the marks in the specimen papers.

Is this AS level? It is exactly the same with my school. I hope it's a national thing so the grade boundaries are low!
Reply 2
got a couple aliens who got 70%... most of my class didn't pass ... looks like it's nationwide
Reply 3
Original post by jackthb
got a couple aliens who got 70%... most of my class didn't pass ... looks like it's nationwide

We had a couple of right nerds getting 90 odd percent! most got below 60%
Same at my school
I just about scrapped around 40% on the new spec papers, on past papers I was getting Bs argh this is so annoying :frown: Im going to fail
Reply 6
I go to a grammar school where we all got A* at GCSE and the adverage on breadth was 45% and on depth it was 20%, the most someone got was 50%. I glad everyone is finding it so hard :smile: , let's hope the grade boundaries are REALLY low!!! 😀
I'm a head of physics and I'm trying to collect data from lots of schools about how well students have done on the OCR Physics A practice papers (the unseen ones, not the public specimen papers). If you'd like to help, please pass this link to your physics teacher and ask them to enter your school's marks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sGt_gYZt9RZxMdXi-HL1zI85cpP5IEmhDNAT1VOi48U/edit?usp=sharing

For what it's worth, I tried the depth paper and didn't do well myself...

Quick Reply

Latest