The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Worried I'll miss my grades for Bath

Hii everyone, I was just wondering how likely it is Bath will accept me to study physics if I miss my grades. My offer is AAA (i had it reduced from A*AA), but as ironic as is it sounds, I dont think im going to get an A in physics. Paper 1 was shambolic and I feel like it really dragged my grade down :frown:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by janeeta.b
Hii everyone, I was just wondering how likely it is Bath will accept me to study physics if I miss my grades. My offer is AAA (i had it reduced from A*AA), but as ironic as is it sounds, I dont think im going to get an A in physics. Paper 1 was shambolic and I feel like it really dragged my grade down :frown:

How was paper 2?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
definitely a lot better than paper 1, and the multiple choice especially was quite good. However im not sure if it was enough to make up for for paper 1
Original post by Ehsanraya
How was paper 2?
Reply 3
Don't panic - its natural to be a bit worried and you have probably not done as badly as you think.
So dont let this get you down, especially if you have other exams - keep your head up, and be confident, and 'I can do this'.

For every course at every Uni, there are usually some spaces for 'near miss' - no Uni wants to put a course in Clearing unless they have to. So you may still be accepted if you slip a grade, but of course there are no guarantees so you still need to power on with the revision and focus on any other exams to come.

Good luck!
yeah i feel the say way, i firmed my robotics engineering offer of AAA but im super worried about physics too, did u do OCR A or AQA cuz i heard everyone hated the paper 1, I feel a lot better after the paper 2
Reply 5

I feel the same way too. I applied for Architecture and firmed it at Bath, but physics has really scared me for the same reasons as you do. Best thing to do is not to give up hope yet. Everybody I’ve ever spoken to (in school and on TSR) HATED AQA physics. I believe the grade boundaries are going to be low. Not only that, but exam boards are told to give further consideration for the grade boundaries since it’s the first normal exam period post-covid.
We still have paper 3 as well.

My plan currently is to see how all of my tests go, hope it goes well, then go from there. At the end of the day, I know I tried my best in everything. If it doesn’t turn out well, there are still other options. It’s not going to be the end of the world.

I wish you the best of luck!

- Haneul
Reply 6

Did you put full effort into it?
Reply 7
Original post by Maybach.
Did you put full effort into it?

The AQA physics paper was uncommonly difficult this year, I think everyone struggled no matter how much effort they put in, don't worry OP (as a fellow physics student who hated paper 1) I think they'll lower the grade boundaries significantly this year - hopefully that'll keep you in the running! Good luck for paper 3 and try to recover as many marks as possible :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by McGinger
Don't panic - its natural to be a bit worried and you have probably not done as badly as you think.
So dont let this get you down, especially if you have other exams - keep your head up, and be confident, and 'I can do this'.

For every course at every Uni, there are usually some spaces for 'near miss' - no Uni wants to put a course in Clearing unless they have to. So you may still be accepted if you slip a grade, but of course there are no guarantees so you still need to power on with the revision and focus on any other exams to come.

Good luck!

Thank you, just goanna have to power thru for the rest of my exams !!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Carysconfused
yeah i feel the say way, i firmed my robotics engineering offer of AAA but im super worried about physics too, did u do OCR A or AQA cuz i heard everyone hated the paper 1, I feel a lot better after the paper 2

I did AQA, what about you? and yeah the paper 2 was good, hopefully they'll make paper 3 rlly easy
Reply 10
Original post by arialle
The AQA physics paper was uncommonly difficult this year, I think everyone struggled no matter how much effort they put in, don't worry OP (as a fellow physics student who hated paper 1) I think they'll lower the grade boundaries significantly this year - hopefully that'll keep you in the running! Good luck for paper 3 and try to recover as many marks as possible :smile:

Tysm and good luck to you too!!
Reply 11
Original post by Haneul_Sol
I feel the same way too. I applied for Architecture and firmed it at Bath, but physics has really scared me for the same reasons as you do. Best thing to do is not to give up hope yet. Everybody I’ve ever spoken to (in school and on TSR) HATED AQA physics. I believe the grade boundaries are going to be low. Not only that, but exam boards are told to give further consideration for the grade boundaries since it’s the first normal exam period post-covid.
We still have paper 3 as well.

My plan currently is to see how all of my tests go, hope it goes well, then go from there. At the end of the day, I know I tried my best in everything. If it doesn’t turn out well, there are still other options. It’s not going to be the end of the world.

I wish you the best of luck!

- Haneul

yeah hope it all works out, and we all get the grades we need :smile:
I did AQA, what about you? and yeah the paper 2 was good, hopefully they'll make paper 3 rlly easy

I did OCR a, our paper 1 wasn't too good either, i have some predictions what will be in paper 3 based on what wasnt in the paper 1 and 2, its been helpful knowing what to study, good luck w ur exams
(edited 10 months ago)

Did u or any of u guys get in? How did ya'll do
Original post by rohaw
Did u or any of u guys get in? How did ya'll do

They wont even be on TSR.

Quick Reply

Latest