The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS Monday 16th May

Hey! Is anyone else taking the ORC Psychology AS exams this week? Has anyone got any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey I know this may not be relevant but I really need help! I'll be taking the WJEC exam on the 16th and I looked at the example paper and when I saw the compare and contrast question I panicked a little.

A psychologist needs to explain to his client why they may be better using a therapyfrom a biological approach rather than a therapy from the cognitive approach. Usingyour knowledge of both approaches compare and contrast the cognitive andbiological approaches and their therapies.

In class we have been answering general compare and contrast questions "Compare and contrast the biological and cognitive approach" and have been using the NURDS structure. We haven't discussed the therapies. And with this question do we compare the approaches in general (e.g. the approaches involvement in the nature/ nurture debate and if it's deterministic or not) and then mention the therapies or is the question about therapies in general?
Thanks!
Good Luck :smile:
Hey! I really wish I could help you there but I'm not on that exam board so I don't know what any of the questions are! I'm so sorry I wish I could help! Good luck with your exam! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm soooooo nervous for it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lol123456789
I'm soooooo nervous for it !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so damn ready :biggrin:
Original post by lololoh
Hey I know this may not be relevant but I really need help! I'll be taking the WJEC exam on the 16th and I looked at the example paper and when I saw the compare and contrast question I panicked a little.

A psychologist needs to explain to his client why they may be better using a therapyfrom a biological approach rather than a therapy from the cognitive approach. Usingyour knowledge of both approaches compare and contrast the cognitive andbiological approaches and their therapies.

In class we have been answering general compare and contrast questions "Compare and contrast the biological and cognitive approach" and have been using the NURDS structure. We haven't discussed the therapies. And with this question do we compare the approaches in general (e.g. the approaches involvement in the nature/ nurture debate and if it's deterministic or not) and then mention the therapies or is the question about therapies in general?
Thanks!
Good Luck :smile:

I don't do WJEC either but I'm sure all they're asking is for your application of knowledge of both psychological approaches and how you would apply them to the particular situation given, in other words: "compare and contrast the biological approach to the cognitive approach", they wouldn't ask anything that you haven't learnt in class:tongue: I hope this helps and gl
Reply 6
I assume they wont make it difficult as we are the first year. I think that for the section b it will be on experiments and section c on correlations
Reply 7
Original post by sail999
I assume they wont make it difficult as we are the first year. I think that for the section b it will be on experiments and section c on correlations

Hopefully!
Original post by sail999

What do you mean we're the first year? Sorry I'm retaking it from last year and I've been re-teaching myself everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
How do you go about answering the 12 Markers?
Reply 10
Original post by MeganSaffron
What do you mean we're the first year? Sorry I'm retaking it from last year and I've been re-teaching myself everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a brand new Speciifcation and we're the first year to take this new Spec so we're hoping they'll be nice to us
The 12 marker will be assesed mostly on how you structure you answers. The bullets poinst they give you need to be in PEC and why you would choose the design/sampling method. You need include the following, research questions, design,,sample , ethics in a order as if you were writing a story. Thats whatbwe have been told. Good luck.
Original post by AlphaX5
It's a brand new Speciifcation and we're the first year to take this new Spec so we're hoping they'll be nice to us

I'm probably sounding so stupid now but this won't affect me will it? Because I'm retaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I'm probably sounding so stupid now but this won't affect me will it? Because I'm retaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're taking the H167 Paper then i'd assume so but not too sure
Reply 14
Yeah I'm retaking too and it doesn't affect us! I have a feeling correlation is going to come up because it didn't last year
Reply 15
Original post by sail999
The 12 marker will be assesed mostly on how you structure you answers. The bullets poinst they give you need to be in PEC and why you would choose the design/sampling method. You need include the following, research questions, design,,sample , ethics in a order as if you were writing a story. Thats whatbwe have been told. Good luck.

What's PEC?
Original post by Mmmbbb
Yeah I'm retaking too and it doesn't affect us! I have a feeling correlation is going to come up because it didn't last year

Thank you so much! I was panicking so much! I hope correlations comes up! Are you retaking both exams or just G541?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

check on your entry exam sheet, it should give you a code. If its H167 then its the new specs otherwise the Gcode is the oldn
i need help on the 12 marker..
Original post by AlphaX5
What's PEC?

PEC example:
P: I will use a questionnaire because it will allow me to gain quantatative data.
E: Then link it back to the study how you will gain the data
C Then link , quanatative data will make it easy for my results to be compared

Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending