The Student Room Group

WJEC Latin Level 2

First exam next week! Anyone else doing it? If so how are you getting on with revision - are you ready?! Good luck to everyone sitting it!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it seems to be going quite well so far, i regularly do vocab tests on the cscp website as well as making little revision cards with bits of grammar on them. it's really only the level 2 additional i am a bit anxious about (i got 90% in a test i did in class, but that may have just been a one-off, hops not!)
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin:)
it seems to be going quite well so far, i regularly do vocab tests on the cscp website as well as making little revision cards with bits of grammar on them. it's really only the level 2 additional i am a bit anxious about (i got 90% in a test i did in class, but that may have just been a one-off, hops not!)

I know I also tend to be fine with the paper 1, it's the paper 2 additional language that I will be most likely to lose marks on I think!
I'm doing it too and i haven't even looked in my book since last month because latin is my good subject and i have too much science to do but ..this is not looking good for me tomorrow
Reply 4
Original post by cornflakeexpert
I'm doing it too and i haven't even looked in my book since last month because latin is my good subject and i have too much science to do but ..this is not looking good for me tomorrow

How did it go?
The beginning and end were pretty good, middle was a bit average. Not expecting higher than an A unless I redeem myself in the next paper.
For me, the first comprehension was good, translations were quite easy (apart from the last sentence on the second one:s-smilie:) and the second comprehension was meh.
omg nicest exam ever, sadly doesnt quite make up for the trash that was today's igcse maths paper
Reply 8
Original post by PolarisVega
The beginning and end were pretty good, middle was a bit average. Not expecting higher than an A unless I redeem myself in the next paper.

Yeah there were a couple of trickier parts in it!
Reply 9
omg nicest exam ever, sadly doesnt quite make up for the trash that was today's igcse maths paper

Yeah it was quite a predictable paper being about battles and stuff! What was wrong with the igcse paper - (I don't do igcse)
Original post by 4475039
Yeah it was quite a predictable paper being about battles and stuff! What was wrong with the igcse paper - (I don't do igcse)

the first half was piss easy, but when you turned the page it was like falling off a cliff (advanced differentiation, area of pentagon, complex probability, formula of parallel line - with no graph :frown:
overall it was a stressful 2 hours!
Reply 11
the first half was piss easy, but when you turned the page it was like falling off a cliff (advanced differentiation, area of pentagon, complex probability, formula of parallel line - with no graph :frown:
overall it was a stressful 2 hours!

Sounds horrendous! Hope its gone alright though - sometimes when it feels like it's gone really badly it's actually gone quite well!
honestly think i failed latin lol
Original post by 4475039
Sounds horrendous! Hope its gone alright though - sometimes when it feels like it's gone really badly it's actually gone quite well!

thanks, i hope so! luckily i've got all of half term to revise for paper two : ) and the latin was nice so that helped! hopefully literature will be a good paper too
Original post by Revathyvk

still another paper to change that!
Reply 15
thanks, i hope so! luckily i've got all of half term to revise for paper two : ) and the latin was nice so that helped! hopefully literature will be a good paper too

:smile: good luck! Doing literature next year luckily so one less to worry about!
Reply 16
Original post by Revathyvk

I'm sure you've done great! Besides, paper 2 is still to come!
Original post by 4475039
:smile: good luck! Doing literature next year luckily so one less to worry about!

ahh i see? are you in yr 10? lit's definitely the harder, which is weird because you get given translations of every word
Reply 18
Yeah I am! Wait you get translations of every word?! What do you have to do in the literature exam? Idk because I start studying it after my second language paper!
Original post by 4475039
Yeah I am! Wait you get translations of every word?! What do you have to do in the literature exam? Idk because I start studying it after my second language paper!

yeah, you don't get a full translation so you need to know it as best you can, but if you're stuck on a word they give you all the translations of every word which is nice :P it's basically asking about poetic techniques, so your teacher goes over what the poet does to achieve an effect (usually "make the story more vivid"...) and then the exam will ask you examples of those techniques. also i think there's a 10 mark essay asking how effective the poet is at achieving an effect (again usually "vividness") and you just have to say what they do really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending