The Student Room Group

Edexcel Govt and Politics Unit 1 and 2?

Scroll to see replies

Predictions for democracy, pressure groups, elections, constitution, judiciary & prime ministers pls!!!
Original post by popcornjpg
Democracy will definitely be referendums. Not sure about the others tbh.

Apart from should referendums be used more frequently what other questions can they possibly ask?
Original post by xxvine
Apart from should referendums be used more frequently what other questions can they possibly ask?

Nothing, it will be something along that line.

If it's referendums, the 5 marker will probably be 'define referendum' or 'distinguish between a referendum and election' so make sure to memorise that
Reply 723
Hello Vine, still here lol
Original post by Pato1
Hello Vine, still here lol

Yup!!!!!
any predictions for unit 2 40 mark questions?
Has anyone got a resource/ or can even just list me some recent political examples from 2015/16 for either Democracy or Political Parties?
Guys how would you answer in which way do electoral systems in the UK produce different outcomes?
Original post by xxvine
Guys how would you answer in which way do electoral systems in the UK produce different outcomes?

Do they produce a two-party system or multiparty system I suppose
guys exam is creeping up

any predictions?
Original post by xxvine
guys exam is creeping up

any predictions?

Honestly, I think you should be worried less about what may come up and focus on revising all of the content. Predictions are wrong nearly all the time...

Still got a week left, loads of time to revise it all
Honestly, I think you should be worried less about what may come up and focus on revising all of the content. Predictions are wrong nearly all the time...

Still got a week left, loads of time to revise it all

Haha true lol
Anyone have some good examples for Constitution topic they'd be willing to share?
Anyone have some good examples for Constitution topic they'd be willing to share?

My teacher emailed us and said to use recent examples such any recent mass shootings in America to illustrate the drawbacks ofcodified constitutions
Original post by xxvine
My teacher emailed us and said to use recent examples such any recent mass shootings in America to illustrate the drawbacks ofcodified constitutions

I take it this refers to the US Constitutions rigidity due to its codified nature, and mass shootings are examples of politicians being unable to work around outdated clauses like the 2nd Amendment?
Original post by con.brown
I take it this refers to the US Constitutions rigidity due to its codified nature, and mass shootings are examples of politicians being unable to work around outdated clauses like the 2nd Amendment?

Bingo
Reply 736
You can probably afford to do 2 topics for Unit 1
My teacher said we could do 4 well written points for the 40 markers..
yo has anyone got any advantages and disadvantages for judicial review? i cant find any anywhere
constitution is the only 40 marker i could answer properly. Our teacher is useless. Parliament im okay with sovereignty and functions but we never learnt how to answer reform questions. I want judiciary for first section and constitution for 40

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending