The Student Room Group

Would you join a club that had "EUROPEANS ONLY" stuck on the outside?

If no then why stay in the EU - the EU is basically a white supremacist super state.

Its not about distance, as before the EU we were quite happy to get immigrants from the West Indies and other places from the commonwealth all round the globe.

The EU, is basically taking all the jobs that would have originally been done by commonwealth citizens.

Will Turkey ever be allowed in? You know the answer "It will not".

More an more EU countries are getting extreme right wing parties getting near in power (France, Austria Poland et al). For all we know it might one day be EU policy to issue repatriation ...

If you do not want any part of this "long past it sell by date" group" ....

REGISTER TO VOTE.

I don't want a "WHITES ONLY" future.

Scroll to see replies

yes... it sounds like a fun club.
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
yes... it sounds like a fun club.

you know why some "hip and happening luvvies" are in favour of the EU?

These "luvvies" are for the EU simply because racists tend to be against it, rather than to try to work out for THEMSELVES which side is potentially the most racist.

These migrants from the EU are here to do jobs - these jobs will still need to be done after we leave. If its not going to be East Europeans it will almost certainly be the done by the old commonwealth (eg Jamaica, Nigeria, India etc).

For all we know the true "middle class" silent racists are voting YES to the EU.
Original post by FredOrJohn
you know why some "hip and happening luvvies" are in favour of the EU?

These "luvvies" are for the EU simply because racists tend to be against it, rather than to try to work out for THEMSELVES which side is potentially the most racist.

These migrants from the EU are here to do jobs - these jobs will still need to be done after we leave. If its not going to be East Europeans it will almost certainly be the done by the old commonwealth (eg Jamaica, Nigeria, India etc).

For all we know the true "middle class" silent racists are voting YES to the EU.

this stuff is just washing over me ... it is not impinging
Reply 4
this stuff is just washing over me ... it is not impinging

....so what are you views. Clearly you are interested in the topic as you posted on it rather than other topics.

Are you saying you in the process of making your mind up?

I guess we all are. I like to play around with ideas hoping to get better ideas in reply. If I don't I tend to assume I might have a point. But whether its a big enough point is unclear.

Its worth noting that corbyn is not really a great EU fan.
Reply 5
If no then why stay in the EU - the EU is basically a white supremacist super state.

Its not about distance, as before the EU we were quite happy to get immigrants from the West Indies and other places from the commonwealth all round the globe.

The EU, is basically taking all the jobs that would have originally been done by commonwealth citizens.

Will Turkey ever be allowed in? You know the answer "It will not".

More an more EU countries are getting extreme right wing parties getting near in power (France, Austria Poland et al). For all we know it might one day be EU policy to issue repatriation ...

If you do not want any part of this "long past it sell by date" group" ....

REGISTER TO VOTE.

I don't want a "WHITES ONLY" future.

So what you are saying is that you are mad that the British empire is gone?
....so what are you views. Clearly you are interested in the topic as you posted on it rather than other topics.

Are you saying you in the process of making your mind up?

I guess we all are. I like to play around with ideas hoping to get better ideas in reply. If I don't I tend to assume I might have a point. But whether its a big enough point is unclear.

Its worth noting that corbyn is not really a great EU fan.

i shall definitely be voting IN....

there is such a lot of...stuff.... just sloshing around in the media.... like 99.73% of voters i shall not be making my choice on detailed analysis of the various documents such as https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/?fuseaction=list&n=10&adv=0&coteId=2&year=&number=&version=F&dateFrom=&dateTo=&serviceId=&documentType=&title=&titleLanguage=&titleSearch=EXACT&sortBy=NUMBER&sortOrder=DESC but on my own feelings.

the bookmakers agree with me btw :h:

brextodd2.png
Yes I would because anyone could be European....
Idris Elba technically is European because he was raised in Europe dude
:rolleyes:
i shall definitely be voting IN....

there is such a lot of...stuff.... just sloshing around in the media.... like 99.73% of voters i shall not be making my choice on detailed analysis of the various documents such as https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/?fuseaction=list&n=10&adv=0&coteId=2&year=&number=&version=F&dateFrom=&dateTo=&serviceId=&documentType=&title=&titleLanguage=&titleSearch=EXACT&sortBy=NUMBER&sortOrder=DESC but on my own feelings.

the bookmakers agree with me btw :h:

brextodd2.png

Reply 9
Original post by 0to100
Yes I would because anyone could be European....
Idris Elba technically is European because he was raised in Europe dude

Elba's parents came from the old commonwealth to work in the Fords factory in Dagenham.

Now look at the borough:

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/news/eastern_european_festival_nurtures_diversity_in_barking_and_dagenham_1_4232470
Reply 10
Original post by inhuman
So what you are saying is that you are mad that the British empire is gone?

I'm mad that instead of trying to create an CU (Commonwealth Union of multi-racial countries from right round the globe) we have gone for the white only EU.

It is slightly sad considering our history. I guess this is us going inward looking, backward looking and turning our backs on everyone else and just thinking of the white middle class europe.
Reply 11
I'm mad that instead of trying to create an CU (Commonwealth Union of multi-racial countries from right round the globe) we have gone for the white only EU.

It is slightly sad considering our history. I guess this is us going inward looking, backward looking and turning our backs on everyone else and just thinking of the white middle class europe.

Your history being conquering the biggest empire ever? Nice history.

And nice that you are making it out as if this is about race...it's not and you know it.
Reply 12
Original post by inhuman
Your history being conquering the biggest empire ever? Nice history.

And nice that you are making it out as if this is about race...it's not and you know it.

Nope - it is about race, its just not admitted.
At least Trump is being honest, he does not want more union with hispanics or muslims. that is probably similar to the secret wishes of the EU middle of the road voter (never spoken out loud - rude). If not EU than it will have to be muslims, hispanics, indians and africans.

We're framing it that its "racist" to be a NO voter - but we all know the reverse is the truth.
the jobs east europeans do now will still need to be done by someone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Nope - it is about race, its just not admitted.
At least Trump is being honest, he does not want more union with hispanics or muslims. that is probably similar to the secret wishes of the EU middle of the road voter (never spoken out loud - rude). If not EU than it will have to be muslims, hispanics, indians and africans.

We're framing it that its "racist" to be a NO voter - but we all know the reverse is the truth.
the jobs east europeans do now will still need to be done by someone.

Can you read peoples' minds? How can you be so sure that is what it's about?

Rather presumptuous.
If this is the calibre of argument offered by those wishing to leave the EU, I trust the UK population to vote remain.
We're still allowed to let in people from outside the EU.

So what exactly is the point of this thread?
Reply 16
Original post by RayApparently
We're still allowed to let in people from outside the EU.

So what exactly is the point of this thread?

You have a job - an IT developer.
In the olden days, if you could not fill this role, you would go to India bring someone in.

Now, you will probably get a Pole or a Spanish or Greek IT person.
This is actually happening on the ground.

This is happening all over industry, in all industries.

Everyone knows the truth of this - just go into EAT or Pret a manger and count how many people serving you come from India or Jamaica or Nigeria - answer NONE. Its like this everywhere

PS - I know I've lost the debate, this is just me explaining how it is.
I know the luvvie dovie YES side will win ..
(edited 7 years ago)
You have a job - an IT developer.
In the olden days, if you could not fill this role, you would go to India bring someone in.

Now, you will probably get a Pole or a Spanish or Greek IT person.
This is actually happening on the ground.

This is happening all over industry, in all industries.

Everyone knows the truth of this - just go into EAT or Pret a manger and count how many people serving you come from India or Jamaica or Nigeria - answer NONE. Its like this everywhere

PS - I know I've lost the debate, this is just me explaining how it is.
I know the luvvie dovie YES side will win ..

The difference is there's when I look for someone to fill the job I don't have to pick someone from Europe. I can pick someone from India or Jamaica or Nigeria or even Britain to fill the role. Why would I want to leave the EU? So I'm more likely to hire a non-European? Doesn't sound like a benefit to me.
Reply 18
Original post by RayApparently
The difference is there's when I look for someone to fill the job I don't have to pick someone from Europe. I can pick someone from India or Jamaica or Nigeria or even Britain to fill the role. Why would I want to leave the EU? So I'm more likely to hire a non-European? Doesn't sound like a benefit to me.

You have to look for someone from the EU before you look outside.
This means we are creating mainly a white super state (eg it has "EUROPEAN" in the name).

Fundamentally this UNION is an exclusion (people who used to come here will no longer be coming - you can see it now - West Indians no longer come to the UK, in fact more leave.

For society, instead of the Empire "Coming Home" creating a multi-racial country, we will be mainly creating a white nation. Its retrogressive.
Reply 19
I guess this debate was won then??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending