The Student Room Group

AS-Bio - Practicals, what is the best way to remember them for the exams?

I'm studying AS-level Biology (Edexcel's new 2015 spec) but am having trouble remembering such detailed practicals for the exams. Any useful advice?
Original post by Philip-flop
I'm studying AS-level Biology (Edexcel's new 2015 spec) but am having trouble remembering such detailed practicals for the exams. Any useful advice?

Why don't you use a small note pad and in each page write one experiment using bullet points. That's how I did it and it really helped.
Original post by Adibabrar
Why don't you use a small note pad and in each page write one experiment using bullet points. That's how I did it and it really helped.

Awesome advice. I do think I need to condense my notes about the practicals down a bit!! :frown: How much did you write for each one? Is it possible for you to send me an example just so I get an idea? :smile:
Original post by Philip-flop
Awesome advice. I do think I need to condense my notes about the practicals down a bit!! :frown: How much did you write for each one? Is it possible for you to send me an example just so I get an idea? :smile:

I basically write each step with just a few words. For example for easy remembering, I would write the first two steps of the experiment for tissue culture as : 1) take explant 2) prepare suitable medium. Etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending