The Student Room Group

How to get an A in one week in year 12 mocks?

Yeah so I've got my end of year 12 mocks in a week which are the only things that contribute to my UCAS predicted grades.
Long story short I've left my revision really late and I've got a week to cram AS bio, AS chem and A- level maths. For context I'm working at an A in bio and chem but omg maths I'm literally at C rn and I need an A in these exams.
I'm desperate- Any tips on last minute revision/ best online sources etc? Thanks xx
Original post by nowayy
Yeah so I've got my end of year 12 mocks in a week which are the only things that contribute to my UCAS predicted grades.
Long story short I've left my revision really late and I've got a week to cram AS bio, AS chem and A- level maths. For context I'm working at an A in bio and chem but omg maths I'm literally at C rn and I need an A in these exams.
I'm desperate- Any tips on last minute revision/ best online sources etc? Thanks xx

For maths past papers are definitely the way to go. I would recommend doing 2 or 3 papers so you can get an idea of the style of questions, and which topic areas you find difficult. Then go over the topics you find challenging - TLmaths on youtube is great for understanding the content, and I would recommend doing the exercises in your textbook - repetition is key for all the topics. Then go back to the past papers and crack out as many as you can!! alevelmathsrevision.com has lots of worksheets for individual topics too.
If you've tried your best and it still doesn't go to plan, maybe ask your teachers if you can sit a retest?
While doing this I would recommend going through the pre-made flashcards on physics and maths tutor for biology and chemistry, if you want to really focus on maths. You can always work on perfecting AS bio and chem over the summer if you're already working at an A.
Best of luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by lylamurray
For maths past papers are definitely the way to go. I would recommend doing 2 or 3 papers so you can get an idea of the style of questions, and which topic areas you find difficult. Then go over the topics you find challenging - TLmaths on youtube is great for understanding the content, and I would recommend doing the exercises in your textbook - repetition is key for all the topics. Then go back to the past papers and crack out as many as you can!! alevelmathsrevision.com has lots of worksheets for individual topics too.
If you've tried your best and it still doesn't go to plan, maybe ask your teachers if you can sit a retest?
While doing this I would recommend going through the pre-made flashcards on physics and maths tutor for biology and chemistry, if you want to really focus on maths. You can always work on perfecting AS bio and chem over the summer if you're already working at an A.
Best of luck!!

Genuinely thank you so much thats so helpful omg.
I just cant do past papers bc I lit don’t remember anything rn so every time I even open one I just give up because I don’t even get the questions? But yes i am planning on speed running the textbook exercises this bank holiday
Thanks again xx
Reply 3
Original post by nowayy

Heya!
The best way to revise for maths is by doing practice questions + going through the mark scheme to identify why you have lost marks and how you can improve them :h: Study Mind has lots of free and other resources you can use!

Remember that it's never too late to start revising, and even small efforts can make a difference. Stay positive and focused on your goals, and don't be too hard on yourself if you don't achieve perfection.

Good luck with your exams!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 4
Original post by nowayy

lool we're litch on the same boat my first exam for chem is tommorow and i'm stressing cos idek all the content, bio and maths is also this week and i still haven't caught up for those either ffs. for maths i'd recommend you make a list of all the topics and rank them from weakest to strongest then work your way down by watching a quick vid then doing some hard exam questions from maths genie and learning from the markscheme- or you can just keep doing papers and learning as you go on. don't stress too much about not completely understanding the all the topics just make sure you know the basic fundamentals so you can at least bag some working out marks.
good luck xx
Reply 5
Original post by set1xoxo
lool we're litch on the same boat my first exam for chem is tommorow and i'm stressing cos idek all the content, bio and maths is also this week and i still haven't caught up for those either ffs. for maths i'd recommend you make a list of all the topics and rank them from weakest to strongest then work your way down by watching a quick vid then doing some hard exam questions from maths genie and learning from the markscheme- or you can just keep doing papers and learning as you go on. don't stress too much about not completely understanding the all the topics just make sure you know the basic fundamentals so you can at least bag some working out marks.
good luck xx

ty for the tips xx
no bc its acc a joke how I keep gaslighting myself into thinking i can cram like i did at gcses like there's j so much maths and bio i dont even know and somehow need to learn in the 10 hours before each exam. but im sure its fine 🤡🤡
good luck !!
Reply 6
Original post by nowayy
ty for the tips xx
no bc its acc a joke how I keep gaslighting myself into thinking i can cram like i did at gcses like there's j so much maths and bio i dont even know and somehow need to learn in the 10 hours before each exam. but im sure its fine 🤡🤡
good luck !!

good luck! How did it go?
Reply 7
Original post by sq15
good luck! How did it go?

the first week was okay like i vaguely got most questions but kind of ****ed up some 4 markers mainly because i was sleep deprived and underprepared but its fineee next week will be my academic comeback fr.
Reply 8
Original post by nowayy

same here doing physics maths and economics the academic comeback begins this half term
Do any of you know if the UCAS predicted exams are gonna be AS papers or harder and between the difficulty of AS and A level papers?

Quick Reply

Latest