The Student Room Group

AQA AS GOVP1 Question Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Warriner4
Wow, you're so certain!! Predicted an A? Wow, I wish I was as confident as you, I want an A so bad!! Want to go to Queen Mary's to study politics further (ABB)

What topics are you doing in Unit 2?

Btw you helped me remember the protest movements in the forms of participation haha, thank you ever so much!! :smile:

Predicted a B in politics.. Last year I was getting D's and E's in it. The teachers were awful. But luckily the essays went well on the paper. The 10 markers were horrible for me. And no problem :smile:

For unit 2 im doing the constitution/Judiciary and Parliament. You?
I think we should make a new thread for unit 2
Well I'm also predicted a B but definately want an A just to get in to Queen Mary's. I'm in year 12 too. I know if I don't get this A, I will resit the exam while doing A2 modules which is US government. Honestly, what do you think of my answers if you don't mind scrolling back - like obviously you can't see all of it but the ideas that I'm talking about- like I'm definately worried about the 10 markers more

I think for VB - 4/5+ 6/7/8+17/18= 27/28/31 ?

Electoral systems- 5+6/7+18=28/29?

Total = 55/57/60 - B/A

I got a high A on my Unit 2 constitution- I'm doing constitution and parliament - and yeah go ahead- I'm not really sure how to haha
Original post by LydiaIbbi
Uhh, I think the questions were nice and I loved the political parties questions but only managed to answer the intro of the final 25 marker as I ran out of time :frown: :frown: :frown:

Does anybody know what the max amount of marks you can get for an intro.

The question was about how members of the Conservative Party and the Labour Party have little or no say in the process of organisation or policies of the parties. My points were there is binding powers of a 2/3 vote at the Labour Conference which allows people to vote on policy, how this doesn't occur in the Conservative Party as MPs are voted to use their judgment and the Conference is advisory debate. I also wrote about who the Conservative Prime Minister has the power to write the manifesto entirely himself and how local Conservative groups have fought to keep the power to elect their candidates so there is some power in the organisation.

Although there is not ACTUAL THOROUGH analysis here, I felt that I kind of explained it a little bit in the intro itself.

What I do to stop myself running out of time is write the two 25 markers first, then the two 10 markers, then the 5 markers because it doesn't matter so much if you don't have time for a 5 marker as a 25 marker. :smile:
Well I'm also predicted a B but definately want an A just to get in to Queen Mary's. I'm in year 12 too. I know if I don't get this A, I will resit the exam while doing A2 modules which is US government. Honestly, what do you think of my answers if you don't mind scrolling back - like obviously you can't see all of it but the ideas that I'm talking about- like I'm definately worried about the 10 markers more

I think for VB - 4/5+ 6/7/8+17/18= 27/28/31 ?

Electoral systems- 5+6/7+18=28/29?

Total = 55/57/60 - B/A

I got a high A on my Unit 2 constitution- I'm doing constitution and parliament - and yeah go ahead- I'm not really sure how to haha

I'm year 13 buddy. Your 25 marker for voting behaviour is fine. But I didn't do electoral systems so I can't judge your answer :tongue:
I messed up my 10 markers for both.
Queen Mary is a pretty good uni, I'm going to Manchester next year :tongue:
You're lucky at least you can resit it. I HAVE to do well in this
Original post by Tee1199
does any one remember the exact wording of the 25 marker for participation and voting behaviour please?

It was 'voting at elections is only one way of measuring political participation' discuss.
Original post by BirdIsWord
I'm year 13 buddy. Your 25 marker for voting behaviour is fine. But I didn't do electoral systems so I can't judge your answer :tongue:
I messed up my 10 markers for both.
Queen Mary is a pretty good uni, I'm going to Manchester next year :tongue:
You're lucky at least you can resit it. I HAVE to do well in this

Okay, thanks. What mark would you give it on what you've read, hypothetically haha- I had no time for a conclusion

We will go to Russell group universities- to do what exactly if you don't mind me asking because you seem very able. :smile:
I think I got like 3/5/21 and 5/5/22

For my mock breakdown Unit 2

I got 5/5/21 + 5/5/23= 64 This was a high A
For the participation one I just wrote about electoral and non-electoral participation and concluded the voting is not the only way of measuring participation because there are other ways of participating in politics that can be measured too and gave examples. Does this sound like the right kind of thing?

I also did pressure groups and for the 25 marker explained how tactics can influence success and then how other factors can also influence success so tactics alone doesn't 'largely' influence success.

I feel like I chose the wrong questions tbh - not many people seem to have done pressure groups.
Also is anyone planning on doing the core executive and multi-level government for unit 2? I want to do these ones but feel like they are gonna be quite hard.
Okay, thanks. What mark would you give it on what you've read, hypothetically haha- I had no time for a conclusion

We will go to Russell group universities- to do what exactly if you don't mind me asking because you seem very able. :smile:

Yeah what you wrote is good, but I would have included the rise in e democracy such as petitions, as well as the rise in social movements
The course I'll be doing is International Management :smile: what subject are you applying for?
Yeah what you wrote is good, but I would have included the rise in e democracy such as petitions, as well as the rise in social movements
The course I'll be doing is International Management :smile: what subject are you applying for?

Haha, did you though haha

I'm just looking at Politics- L200/L202 Ucas Code I think
Haha, did you though haha

I'm just looking at Politics- L200/L202 Ucas Code I think

Politics is great at uni, but do you do economics a level? If so, PPE might be much better than straight politics (depending on what you want to do in the future)
Original post by yellowgiraffe28
Also is anyone planning on doing the core executive and multi-level government for unit 2? I want to do these ones but feel like they are gonna be quite hard.

I'm doing the other two :biggrin: (we weren't taught multi level governance)
Politics is great at uni, but do you do economics a level? If so, PPE might be much better than straight politics (depending on what you want to do in the future)

I don't do Economics, I do Business (less economics- although there's lots of economics next year- bracing myself haha)

I don't do philosophy either- I do English Lit so I don't think I would be good enough to do PPE
I don't do Economics, I do Business (less economics- although there's lots of economics next year- bracing myself haha)

I don't do philosophy either- I do English Lit so I don't think I would be good enough to do PPE

You seem pretty smart. What do you hope to do in the future?

i do the same bro!
You seem pretty smart. What do you hope to do in the future?

Thank you so much haha, I am a young Labour member - sorry to all those Tories out there haha- but I hope to become involved in politics somehow

I have work experience with an Mp- in westminster for a day on Wedsneday- day of PMQS so Happy!! haha

I am also gaining a placement with a campaign manager for the Eu refernsdum

Previous work placement was a week in my local council
Original post by connormc199
i do the same bro!

Aw cool, all three same subjects

AQA POLITICS
AQA B ENGLISH LIT
EDEXCEL BUSINESS
oh, AQA business! CCEA english lit and CCEA history but the the same for politics:wink::biggrin:
Original post by connormc199
oh, AQA business! CCEA english lit and CCEA history but the the same for politics:wink::biggrin:

Oh okay, similar stuff then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending