The Student Room Group

Maths OCR Calculator paper - Thurs 9 June

How did you find the exam? I found it terrible

What did you get?

Scroll to see replies

It went okay, what did you get?
Reply 2
Ocr is **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by boffer
Ocr is **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you do foundation
Reply 4
Original post by shiraz123
did you do foundation

no i did edexcel higher an ye ma
I thought paper 4 (higher )OCR Paper was alright . Much better than paper 3.

Omg that bearing question 😡😡😡
Anyone get 175km for the bearing question?
Reply 7
Anyone got the answers for foundation edexcel maths?
Thought this was a walk in the park compared to the non calculator.

The bearings question, if plotted correctly turned into a triangle, you then had a right angle and calculating the angles inside of a triangle, boom.
Question that threw me was the cos = 0 >= x >=360 - Had no idea what to put, ended up reversing the angle shown and putting -50 degrees.

I'm fairly happy with it.
Reply 9
Original post by CyberJake

The bearings question, if plotted correctly turned into a triangle, you then had a right angle and calculating the angles inside of a triangle, boom.
Question that threw me was the cos = 0 >= x >=360 - Had no idea what to put, ended up reversing the angle shown and putting -50 degrees.

Do you mean the one with the Sin graph and is said what sinx= o.82 or something? What you have to do is basically take of the answer for sin-1(0.82)= and the take that off of 180
Original post by CyberJake

One of the answers was like 58 or something when you do the inverse of sin. You then take away the first angle you got from 180. It was something like 122 I think, but I can't remember.
Reply 11
What did people get for the last question, I got x= -6 y= -33 and x= 0.5 and y= -0.5

Also for the bearing question I think I put 174.45 (never done bearings before only been taught the other day so I freaked out but tried super hard not sure how they work though or whether you can write it with decimals :/ )
Original post by freyjmae
What did people get for the last question, I got x= -6 y= -33 and x= 0.5 and y= -0.5

Also for the bearing question I think I put 174.45 (never done bearings before only been taught the other day so I freaked out but tried super hard not sure how they work though or whether you can write it with decimals :/ )

I got the same answer as you for the last one 😱😱😱.
I used the a/sina = b/sinb rule for the bearing one, got around 175.
Reply 13
Original post by Unknown123321
I got the same answer as you for the last one 😱😱😱.
I used the a/sina = b/sinb rule for the bearing one, got around 175.

I saw some people put x= -4 not x= -6 but they still got y= -33 and you can't get that if you put x= -4 because the equation I put it into was 5x-3=y so 5 x -4 = -20
-20 -3 = -23 so I don't know how some people got x= -4
Original post by freyjmae
I saw some people put x= -4 not x= -6 but they still got y= -33 and you can't get that if you put x= -4 because the equation I put it into was 5x-3=y so 5 x -4 = -20
-20 -3 = -23 so I don't know how some people got x= -4

What was the top equation?
Reply 15
Original post by tomo_nufc
What was the top equation?

Well it was a simultaneous equation and then when you made them equal it was
2X2+11-6=y
then I did the bolt method to get
2x(x+6) -1(x+6)

then
2x-1=y and x+6=y

then rearranged it and put y=0 for both so
2x=1
x=0.5

x=-6
then one of the two equations at the start was 5x-3=y so I put the x's into that equation to find the answer the other equation= to y was 2x2+16-9
Y=2x^2+16X-9X
Y=5X-3
image.jpg
Bearing question if anyone wonders.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wht about the one about getting a certain amount of money back in a percentage??
Reply 19
Yes I got 175.43 meters

Quick Reply

Latest