The Student Room Group

I think I got 167 in GCSE Maths Edexcel.

Would this gurantee that I get an A*. I really want to get it but I'm afraid that if the grade boundaries for A* is 168 then I'll be really annoyed. I wanted to get 170+ just to be on the safe side because A* is usually 160-170. What do you guys think of this?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it would *guarantee* you get an A* but I'd be surprised if you didn't get one.
It won't 'guarantee' you get an A*, but it's pretty likely you'll get it (when I did my maths GCSE, A* was at 169, but that was considered to be very high).
Reply 3
It might get you one, I remember in my year the grade boundaries were just above 160 for an A* because the exam was quite hard.
i would die for that mark :frown:
Almost certainly - people reckon grade boundaries will almost certainly be <165 for an A*.
Reply 6
Original post by sophiamarni
i would die for that mark :frown:

Just work hard and you will!!!! Believe in yourself and don't be afraid to fail. You should watch the 6 secrets to success by Arnold schwazchernager on youtube. Sorry I couldn't spell his surname lool :P
I feel your pain
Reply 8
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
Almost certainly - people reckon grade boundaries will almost certainly be <165 for an A*.

Yeah, hopefully! I doubt it will be below 160 marks because throughout all the june series for exams, the grade boundaries for A* were always between 160-170.
Reply 9
Thanks guys. Your words seem to encourage me. :smile:
Actually, it was a pretty hard series - it has a chance of going below 160, but I'm going for between 160 and 165.
Reply 11
Actually, it was a pretty hard series - it has a chance of going below 160, but I'm going for between 160 and 165.

I really hope I get A*. I'm bored of GCSE Maths because next year I get to do Level 3 Algebra and Level 2 Further Maths :P

When I did the exam in year 9, I got 159/200. I got 93/100 on my calculator paper and 66/100 on my non-calculator and I was 6 marks away from an A*!
Original post by SL2310
I really hope I get A*. I'm bored of GCSE Maths because next year I get to do Level 3 Algebra and Level 2 Further Maths :P

When I did the exam in year 9, I got 159/200. I got 93/100 on my calculator paper and 66/100 on my non-calculator and I was 6 marks away from an A*!

I have a good reputation of getting the EXACT same mark on both calculator on non-calculator. Think I did the same this time - 86 and 86, lmao.
Reply 13
I have a good reputation of getting the EXACT same mark on both calculator on non-calculator. Think I did the same this time - 86 and 86, lmao.

looool
Original post by SL2310
Just work hard and you will!!!! Believe in yourself and don't be afraid to fail. You should watch the 6 secrets to success by Arnold schwazchernager on youtube. Sorry I couldn't spell his surname lool :P

lool i will look it up on yt, he has a pretty difficult name to spell so i give you credit i couldnt do it XD
Reply 15
Original post by sophiamarni
lool i will look it up on yt, he has a pretty difficult name to spell so i give you credit i couldnt do it XD

Haha! Good luck with maths! :wink:
Reply 16
would 88 and 77 (165) most like be an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by azaaza
would 88 and 77 (165) most like be an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely but it all depends on the grade boundaries.
Reply 18
Is it possible to get 17 marks off of both papers for methods marks on questions I got wrong? Or is that stupid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I calculated 156 definate marks. But I calculated 173 with method marks. Is it possible to get 17 method marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest