The Student Room Group

AQA A2 German Exam 16th June 2016

Hey Guys! How is everyone revising for this? Thought i'd start a forum as there doesn't seem to be one..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Practice seems to be the best approach for me, but the translation will be the killer! I've just been writing essay after essay and doing all the past papers I can get my hands on
Reply 2
I'm just looking at vocabulary in general and vocabulary they've used in past papers (although there's only like 3 on the website??) and hoping for the best haha :')
Reply 3
Original post by novin98
i am really struggling to write long essays, have you got any tips?

I struggle with this too, the best I can offer is by practicing it and learning set essay phrases. Also have an idea of what you would say on each kind of topic/question beforehand so that you don't have to think about it for very long
What are everyone's predictions for essays? I studied Kafka and Goodbye Lenin so hoping for a good techniques kind of question! Also, anyone got any good vocal lists to share???
Original post by LanguageLover234
What are everyone's predictions for essays? I studied Kafka and Goodbye Lenin so hoping for a good techniques kind of question! Also, anyone got any good vocal lists to share???

Someone else who does both French and German - hallo :smile:

I am hoping for a techniques question too, or one of the classic ones like do you find the work postive/effective/which aspects would you criticise etc!
Original post by La_magicienne
Someone else who does both French and German - hallo :smile:

I am hoping for a techniques question too, or one of the classic ones like do you find the work postive/effective/which aspects would you criticise etc!

I love them because you can just write about so much, the questions are usually so nice!
Reply 7
Not looking forward to the exam. I've done a few essays this week but done know the best way to cram vocab - jusst keep reading it?
Just going over stuff now! let's hope they're nice to us, especially after yesterday's french exam!
Original post by Atomicmat
I love them because you can just write about so much, the questions are usually so nice!

Yes me too!! The only one I wouldn't really like would be one like "what influenced your chosen Regisseur"... but that came up last year thankfully. Hoping for nice questions tomorrow - good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by La_magicienne
Yes me too!! The only one I wouldn't really like would be one like "what influenced your chosen Regisseur"... but that came up last year thankfully. Hoping for nice questions tomorrow - good luck to everyone :smile:

Yeah, although there are two so one is usually like 'to what extent did your chosen Regisseur reach his goals' or something then basically 'what did you like about the film' in different wordings haha! :smile: Viel Glück!
Original post by Atomicmat
Yeah, although there are two so one is usually like 'to what extent did your chosen Regisseur reach his goals' or something then basically 'what did you like about the film' in different wordings haha! :smile: Viel Glück!

Very true haha :biggrin: If it is anything like the ones from the past few years we can just talk about what we find good/positive/fascinating!! Danke!! :h:
Reply 12
Did some predictions for translations earlier on.

Racism has never been asked either way in the past so that's my bet.

Pollution and energy haven't been asked since 2011/2 so they're a possibility as well. Thankfully the Contemporary Social Issues were done both ways in last year's paper (and German-English the year before) so rest assured Jamal won't make a re-appearance from yesterday's French paper lol

Viel Glück! :awesome:
Oh gosh! Let's hope Jamal isn't on our paper again!! Viel Glück Leute!
Some tricky bits but overall okay? Opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
that was horrible thanks aqa :smile:))))))
The essay question on strengths and weaknesses for the film/director was a blessing in disguise! :biggrin:
Original post by trad1998
Some tricky bits but overall okay? Opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was quite a nice paper :redface: Some of the options were a bit mean for the reading though, where it seemed like there were multiple possibilities/the answers were extremely similar. Such as the one about racism, where it mentioned vandalism in the city centre, graffiti in the U-Bahn, stealing from pensioners - but you had to choose 2 examples, when there were 3!
lmao i think i truly ****ed it up :frown:
definitely a paper that looked nice but was still quite tricky! Anyone got any answers they can remember? What about the gap fill? I used bestellt for the gap about presenting but not sure it fits on reflection! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending