The Student Room Group

I absolutely hate Grey's Anatomy.

SPOILERS!

IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE FIRST TWO SEASONS OF THE SHOW AND WANT TO; DON'T READ ON.

Started watching Grey's Anatomy, and I'm on the 5th episode of the 3rd season. Hated it the entire time.

First of all, the score is so silly. So many random short pieces of music that have nothing to do with the situation. Several times there're those stupid sound effects straight from a cartoon that imply suspense - even in serious situations like breaking the news to a patient! Fire your composers.

I hate Meredith. Why does everyone like her? She's so immature and oversensitive and all in all batcrap crazy. And she's so promiscuous. I usually have no problem with that - there's nothing wrong with it. But she's not promiscuous in a fun 'exploring and being open with my sexuality' way; she's destructive about it. She just uses it to avoid her feelings and mess with others'.

I hate McDreamy. He threw away his marriage. He made a choice to stay with his wife! But the entire time he wasn't honest about it, staring at Meredith all the time and making that stupid face. Then he cheats with her, even though Addison has been trying so hard to reconcile the relationship. What a jackass.
McDreamy? More like McDirtbag.

I seriously HATE Izzy. HOW IS SHE NOT A FELON? First of all, why would you fall in love with a patient? Irresponsible. But fair enough, you can't control your feelings sometimes. But how dare you just ignore the transplant list and demand that Denny gets the heart? You have no idea what the other guy went through, or how much he deserves the heart. And to actually put Denny in grave danger with your stupid plan? I'm absolutely baffled that she just quit and wasn't convicted! There're so many laws she broke, what the hell?! And then when she wants to come back, everyone's all sympathetic and supportive. Burke is the only person that actually treats her like she should've been in that outburst he had with her. I'm so glad Denny died. Loved watching Izzy suffer over it. Stupid *****.

I don't hate George. But seriously dude; get your crap together. He got better over the 2 seasons, though.

I love Alex. He's a douche. But he isn't crazy, or oversensitive, or a complete moron. Sleeping with the nurse while in limbo with Izzy was not cool, though.

I like Cristina. Selfish and a little aggressive sometimes. But she just knows what she wants. The smartest and most sane intern.

I love Burke, as you may have already guessed. I'd say he's the most mature character. Very organised and clean. Mentally stable. Really bummed about his shooting and resulting hand tremors, hope he pulls through.

I like Bailey too. Mature and not overly emotional. Wish she did something about Izzy though, because she's taking so much of the blame for the Denny incident.

As previously mentioned, I like Addison. She made a mistake. Most people wouldn't be able to forgive such a thing, probably including myself since I was cheated on in my first relationship. And that's fair enough. But McDirtbag still stayed with her! And didn't try the entire time. Distracted by the slutty neurotic intern when you have a beautiful wife trying to love you. Selfish *******.

In conclusion, if you're like me and want to watch a Medical drama because you're a prospective medical student and/or are interested in Medicine and hospital protocol - just watch House M.D. Spectacularly written, casted, and scored. And you get possibly my favorite fictional character of all time in the package - Greg House himself. It includes an emotional/romantic aspect, but actually has depth while doing so. If you already watched it, just rewatch it or move on to a new show and just reminisce about the good old days sometimes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BristolFresher15
SPOILERS!

IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE FIRST TWO SEASONS OF THE SHOW AND WANT TO; DON'T READ ON.

Started watching Grey's Anatomy, and I'm on the 5th episode of the 3rd season. Hated it the entire time.

First of all, the score is so silly. So many random short pieces of music that have nothing to do with the situation. Several times there're those stupid sound effects straight from a cartoon that imply suspense - even in serious situations like breaking the news to a patient! Fire your composers.

I hate Meredith. Why does everyone like her? She's so immature and oversensitive and all in all batcrap crazy. And she's so promiscuous. I usually have no problem with that - there's nothing wrong with it. But she's not promiscuous in a fun 'exploring and being open with my sexuality' way; she's destructive about it. She just uses it to avoid her feelings and mess with others'.

I hate McDreamy. He threw away his marriage. He made a choice to stay with his wife! But the entire time he wasn't honest about it, staring at Meredith all the time and making that stupid face. Then he cheats with her, even though Addison has been trying so hard to reconcile the relationship. What a jackass.
McDreamy? More like McDirtbag.

I seriously HATE Izzy. HOW IS SHE NOT A FELON? First of all, why would you fall in love with a patient? Irresponsible. But fair enough, you can't control your feelings sometimes. But how dare you just ignore the transplant list and demand that Denny gets the heart? You have no idea what the other guy went through, or how much he deserves the heart. And to actually put Denny in grave danger with your stupid plan? I'm absolutely baffled that she just quit and wasn't convicted! There're so many laws she broke, what the hell?! And then when she wants to come back, everyone's all sympathetic and supportive. Burke is the only person that actually treats her like she should've been in that outburst he had with her. I'm so glad Denny died. Loved watching Izzy suffer over it. Stupid *****.

I don't hate George. But seriously dude; get your crap together. He got better over the 2 seasons, though.

I love Alex. He's a douche. But he isn't crazy, or oversensitive, or a complete moron. Sleeping with the nurse while in limbo with Izzy was not cool, though.

I like Cristina. Selfish and a little aggressive sometimes. But she just knows what she wants. The smartest and most sane intern.

I love Burke, as you may have already guessed. I'd say he's the most mature character. Very organised and clean. Mentally stable. Really bummed about his shooting and resulting hand tremors, hope he pulls through.

I like Bailey too. Mature and not overly emotional. Wish she did something about Izzy though, because she's taking so much of the blame for the Denny incident.

As previously mentioned, I like Addison. She made a mistake. Most people wouldn't be able to forgive such a thing, probably including myself since I was cheated on in my first relationship. And that's fair enough. But McDirtbag still stayed with her! And didn't try the entire time. Distracted by the slutty neurotic intern when you have a beautiful wife trying to love you. Selfish *******.

In conclusion, if you're like me and want to watch a Medical drama because you're a prospective medical student and/or are interested in Medicine and hospital protocol - just watch House M.D. Spectacularly written, casted, and scored. And you get possibly my favorite fictional character of all time in the package - Greg House himself. It includes an emotional/romantic aspect, but actually has depth while doing so. If you already watched it, just rewatch it or move on to a new show and just reminisce about the good old days sometimes.

I'm a major House MD fan, so much so that i'm currently rewatching it all. However, after watching it the first time, I decided to give Grey's Anatomy a try (have now seen up till the end of Season 11).

Like yourself, I was not a fan of Meredith or Derek nor Izzy but i'd stick with it. It gets better! Cristina is one of my favourites and my fondness of her, Alex as well as other new characters just increased as the seasons continued. It is now up there amongst one of my favourite shows and has had me laughing and in tears. Throughout the rest of the seasons that I have seen, I still didn't particularly like Meredith or Derek but I think the show stops being entirely about them and becomes inclusive of other character's storylines :smile:
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I'm a major House MD fan, so much so that i'm currently rewatching it all. However, after watching it the first time, I decided to give Grey's Anatomy a try (have now seen up till the end of Season 11).

Like yourself, I was not a fan of Meredith or Derek nor Izzy but i'd stick with it. It gets better! Cristina is one of my favourites and my fondness of her, Alex as well as other new characters just increased as the seasons continued. It is now up there amongst one of my favourite shows and has had me laughing and in tears. Throughout the rest of the seasons that I have seen, I still didn't particularly like Meredith or Derek but I think the show stops being entirely about them and becomes inclusive of other character's storylines :smile:

Fair enough, I'll stick with it. Thank you :smile:
I am deeply offended
Original post by greys-anatomy
I am deeply offended

Well then I advise you to follow in Meredith's footsteps and sleep with a random stranger to drown your anger in unhealthy promiscuity :colone:
Reply 5
its never been popular in the uk
owing to the fact that its shite
some cheeky reporter even asked Dempsey about it
its been relegated to obscure cable for years

Quick Reply

Latest