The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
for the rate equation i got the order with respect to acid (H+) as two and the other two as 1
first bromine number as something like 185 :s-smilie:
and the e value as -1.8
and for the ir the substance was aponyclin (not valinnin) as it had a ketone right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 441
Original post by charliexox
Surely this can't be right because you've drawn carbon with 5 bonds attached ??

Where have I done that?
Reply 442
Original post by charliexox
Surely this can't be right because you've drawn carbon with 5 bonds attached ??

Every carbon has 4 bonds around it, I don't know where you see 5 bonds
Didn't the vanadium E cell one say that the sign of the vanadium half cell was the same sign as the one in the question which was iron? So it must've been +1.80V, since the iron half cell was positive?
Original post by Kira Yagami
I out 0.26 for the e cell, that wrong?

I got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the use of the membrane question in the cell, I put that it balances out the charges between the two half-cells. Would this be worth a mark?

For the partial hydrolysis question I just put the two forms of the amino acid - one with an NH3+ group and another with a COO- group. I understand this is likely to be wrong.

I got +0.26 for the E cell - I am confused why people are getting -0.26?

EDIT: I now understand how it was -0.26... what a silly mark to lose.
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 0.26V for the E cell value

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we put F334 behind us now. Just sum it up like this. Cold drawing came up for the first time. 3 marks. Its one sentence in the OCR endorsed revision guide.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charmantell
For the use of the membrane question in the cell, I put that it balances out the charges between the two half-cells. Would this be worth a mark?

For the partial hydrolysis question I just put the two forms of the amino acid - one with an NH3+ group and another with a COO- group. I understand this is likely to be wrong.

I got +0.26 for the E cell - I am confused why people are getting -0.26?

In terms of the Ecell if it was +0.77-0.26v it would not make 1.03 which was stated in the question. Instead i did 1.8v which 1.8-0.77 is 1.03v but this could be completely wrong on my part.
For cold drawing i didn't say about the neck but i said everything else would i lose any marks?

And for the IMF's i said H-B and I-D in amide and P-D and I-D in ester and then talked about the standard stuff?
But as 0.26 v is the negative half cell you have to do 0.77- - 0.26 because the less positive half cell is always taken away from the more positive one.Two minuses make a plus so that means that 0.77 + 0.26 = 1.03 v. I may be completely wrong though.
Original post by Kira Yagami
For cold drawing i didn't say about the neck but i said everything else would i lose any marks?

And for the IMF's i said H-B and I-D in amide and P-D and I-D in ester and then talked about the standard stuff?
I don't think you would lose marks.
E cell was -0.26 V

Need to have the minus sign to get the mark.
Cold drawing was 3 marks
I said about necking...increases crystallinity...chains more linear....

Forgot to talk about chains being closer together.. Maybe 2/3 for me then?? Anyone??
guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by Fishhy34

UMS grade boundaries are out for this exam/year already
Original post by Fishhy34
Who knows with OCR !!
Original post by Marli-Ruth
UMS grade boundaries are out for this exam/year already

are they not the same every year??
What year was the hardest F335 paper, in your opinion?
Original post by geor_thor
Who knows with OCR !!

do you remember the values for the e-cell question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending