The Student Room Group

Any funny exam experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gd99
I know what you mean - we do Edexcel and when the voice of the guy who announces the topic of he question come on I don't think anyone could keep a straight face! He sounded so bored...poor guy...!

Ahaha oh I am so glad it's not just me XD
I did edexcel, they do make an effort to sound joyous don't they :rofl:
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
omg, thats actually a really good grade even though u came to the exam late :smile:

Yea thankfully they gave me another hour, if they didn't then my A-level career would have been over at that point lol
Reply 42
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Ahaha oh I am so glad it's not just me XD
I did edexcel, they do make an effort to sound joyous don't they :rofl:

Quite frankly, I don't know where they get some of the people from! In mocks I have missed things which are crucial because I've been trying not to laugh too much:smile:
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Yea thankfully they gave me another hour, if they didn't then my A-level career would have been over at that point lol

yeh, ur are actually lucky u could sit the exam but i mean when doing a-levels dont they let u sit ur exam afterwards, anyway as even if u woke up late wouldnt they let u sit the exam afterwards?
Was taking this hard multiple choice exam that I thought i would fail so I wore a hoodie to cover my face and try to cheat.

Then the smartest guy in our course happened to sit next to me and we aren't even friends, so I extended my chair so I could lean back, with my hoodie on so the invigilators wouldn't see my neck move and got EVERY answer and got 81% overall
Original post by gd99
Quite frankly, I don't know where they get some of the people from! In mocks I have missed things which are crucial because I've been trying not to laugh too much:smile:

You should apply for consideration XD

Spoiler

ah lol ok. Your old school does sound like it was very interesting!!! I sort of wish more stuff like that happened at my school. Ah your friend was a bit unlucky haha C is still ok though...
while i was doing my AS MOCK economic paper my RS teacher was polishing a diamond engagement ring right infront of me. He looked so worried. The timing of all this nearly made me laugh.
Original post by 09HB
They are!! One of our teachers was telling us about when he used to do invigilating, and what games he used to play. There are only three that I remember:

1) Pacman with the other invigilators around the desks

2) Doing funny things such as the YMCA (He's 20 stone) at the back of the hall to make the ones at the front laugh

3) Standing next to the child they thought was the most insecure and reading over their shoulders

I would have so much fun as an invigilator XD

Haha that's epic! That would explain why the examiners at my school all keep reading over my shoulder... jokes
Reply 49
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
You should apply for consideration XD

Spoiler

Haha yeah...luckily it was only a mock!
A pigeon landed on the roof of the exam hall and they sent a teacher outside to chase it away despite the fact that the exam hall is like 10m high and there was no ladder . . .
Reply 51
Original post by cookie123456789
lol!!! Haha!!! when the lights were out you should have swapped people's exam papers round or run out the room or something hehe. Did you do the exam in the dark? lol :punk:

They turned them back on :biggrin:
Original post by Newtimehigh
Was taking this hard multiple choice exam that I thought i would fail so I wore a hoodie to cover my face and try to cheat.

Then the smartest guy in our course happened to sit next to me and we aren't even friends, so I extended my chair so I could lean back, with my hoodie on so the invigilators wouldn't see my neck move and got EVERY answer and got 81% overall

ah your so lucky you weren't caught! At my school we have to wear uniform so cheating isn't an option for me :lolwut: unless I come up with some really good way to cheat like a secret code with my friends or something haha
Original post by Quido
They turned them back on :biggrin:

Ah ok! Thank goodness for that! :banana2:
lol this discussion is trending. I am famous at last! :headbang::banana2:
Original post by gd99
Haha yeah...luckily it was only a mock!

Thank goodliness for that :wink:
Original post by Edminzodo
A pigeon landed on the roof of the exam hall and they sent a teacher outside to chase it away despite the fact that the exam hall is like 10m high and there was no ladder . . .

haha!!!! clever pigeon! :parrot:
I once came into an exam an hour late, not because I had forgotten but because my alarm never went off lol .
I also have extra time in my exams and so one time the exam invigilator said "times up, put your pens down" but I wasn't really listening and I thought she only meant for people without extra time, and so she came up behind me and whispered into my ear "put your pen down before I disqualify you" and I literally jumped out of my seat and everyone was staring at me-I never been so embarrassed.

These were for both my A2 maths exams, last year :frown:
Reply 58
A couple of weeks ago, I can't remember what exam it was, but the "head invigilator" was reading out the info on the front of the paper, and at the same time one of the other invigilators was talking to someone, asking them to take the label off their bottle I think, and then the head invigilator told the other woman off for talking over her, she then stood at the back sulking for the rest of the exam XD
In my French Listening exam a few weeks ago the CD player broke and repeated the same word "departez" over and over again.. the invigilator was quite old and didn't know how to fix it :biggrin: It made me smile during the worst listening exam I've ever done :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest