The Student Room Group

Who is curious to see TSR office woo

Scroll to see replies

Original post by themechguy
And you think that's the kind of responsible, adult role model that promotes healthy eating within young people that TSR should hire?
(no offence)

Riiiiight...

Did you miss the bit about the superhuman air hockey?
Original post by MrDystopia
Next time we shall (And I'll win) :colonhash:

Someone might have already mentioned this but the air hockey table got taken away today :frown:

We're hoping for table tennis to replace it!
Original post by Zargabaath
Yeah but you have no real power and influence over the site, other then dealing with rule breaking content. (As far as I'm aware). That's what the above poster is trying to say.

Power is a strange thing to bring up with regards the Support Team as it has so little relevance to anything to do with TSR.

The Support Team is, and actually always has been when called the Mod Team, about helping students. Helping them get into uni, helping them make the right decisions, helping them with challenges around health, relationships etc. They do a wonderful job and help thousands of students around the world every week. I'm so proud of all of them.

They also work incredibly closely with all of us at TSR to help improve the site and our community. Protecting this wonderful and unique environment for students to get help and support that they need. Ask any of them or us, it's never been about power.

As it happens though, they are among the most responsible and influential people on this site and I talk to them every week.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's a cute office. When I walked in I didn't expect a bar of all things to be there. Then again, I don't know if I expected it to just be a normal office with a corporate feel.

Either way, really nice place.

You're a basketball player? Tell me, how do you find it?
Original post by themechguy
Ok - let me put it this way. You're picking people as role models for youths in the community - do you pick people with whom the youths identify presently, or people older than them who albeit may have gone through the same experiences but did so in the past.

You can have both, that's why we invited a student to talk to other students on This Morning... er, this morning :smile:
Original post by Queen Cersei
Someone might have already mentioned this but the air hockey table got taken away today :frown:

I would suggest a pool table :yep:
Original post by SeanFM
I would suggest a pool table :yep:

I second this motion
Original post by Captain Jack
Power is a strange thing to bring up with regards the Support Team as it has so little relevance to anything to do with TSR.

The Support Team is, and actually always has been when called the Mod Team, been about helping students. Helping them get into uni, helping them make the right decisions, helping them with challenges around health, relationships etc. They do a wonderful job and help thousands of students around the world every week. I'm so proud of all of them.

They also work incredibly closely with all of us at TSR to help improve the site and our community. Protecting this wonderful and unique environment for students to get help and support that they need. Ask any of them or us, it's never been about power.

As it happens though, they are among the most responsible and influential people on this site and I talk to them every week.

Ethan just told everyone to stop derailing the thread, yet you and @MrDystopia continued posting this. You could've sent me a VM or a PM, but no.
I think that's a perfect example of the "influence" of the ST.

:sly:

Spoiler

Original post by Zargabaath
Ethan just told everyone to stop derailing the thread, yet you and @MrDystopia continued posting this. You could've sent me a VM or a PM, but no.
I think that's a perfect example of the "influence" of the ST.

Oops, sorry - that's my fault, I didn't see that. Happy to chat more by VM next week if you like. It's an important point :smile: Have a lovely weekend.
Oops, sorry - that's my fault, I didn't see that. Happy to chat more by VM next week if you like. It's an important point :smile: Have a lovely weekend.

You too bb xxx

Indeed, Puddles mentioned earlier. Whatever sport replaces it is fine. Maybe a basketball hoop? :moon:
TSR staff filled threads are weird.
Indeed, Puddles mentioned earlier. Whatever sport replaces it is fine. Maybe a basketball hoop? :moon:

As a professional basketball player, I'm sure you'd make lots of use of it. :moon:

They do a wonderful job and help thousands of students around the world every week. I'm so proud of all of them.

Stop it Jack, you're embarrassing us. :fan:

:tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Stop it Jack, you're embarrassing us. :fan:

:tongue:

I'm getting all hot and bothered. :fan: :colondollar:
I have seen this before and yeah, very nice.
Original post by Blackstarr
I have seen this before and yeah, very nice.

I like the pier they have in the middle of it. :moon:
Idk why i find this like unsettling/embarrassing.
Can just imagine loads of old people laughing at my stupidity and ineptness at life whilst seeing all the embarrassing things i post as anon ._.
O God. They're all repping me now :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest