The Student Room Group

The Hamburg Entertainment Thread: Fun Facts and Questions!

Named as such because I'm sitting on a train to Hamburg as I write this, and I'm kinda bored ngl. Currently travelling at 160 km/h for anyone curious.

Have a random fun fact you've been itching to tell someone about? Great, tell me! And if you have any questions for me, you can ask those too :smile:

And if there are neither, at least I spent 5 minutes of this time writing a TSR post and distracting myself from the lady having a loud phone conversation behind me. So it's a win-win situation.
Original post by zeasea
Named as such because I'm sitting on a train to Hamburg as I write this, and I'm kinda bored ngl. Currently travelling at 160 km/h for anyone curious.

Have a random fun fact you've been itching to tell someone about? Great, tell me! And if you have any questions for me, you can ask those too :smile:

And if there are neither, at least I spent 5 minutes of this time writing a TSR post and distracting myself from the lady having a loud phone conversation behind me. So it's a win-win situation.

What do the trains look like in Hamburg? Are they double-decker? How much does a journey cost? :smile:
I hope you are having a cool time :woo:
I've popped your thread into the travel forum so you may get a few more relevant responses :yy:
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
What do the trains look like in Hamburg? Are they double-decker? How much does a journey cost? :smile:
I hope you are having a cool time :woo:
I've popped your thread into the travel forum so you may get a few more relevant responses :yy:

Thanks, I didn't notice there was a travel thread 🙈 There are a few different types of trains in Germany, ranging from double-deckers to regular trains you'd expect to see in the UK, though I find German trains are much more comfortable than British ones. The ticket price varies depending on the journey, but my tickets to Hamburg yesterday were around 14 Euros which I think comes out to about £12 or so. You can reserve a seat (and for busier journeys you always should otherwise you'll find yourself standing or sitting on the floor) and in some trains you can check yourself in and give your carriage and seat numbers so the conductor doesn't have to come and check your tickets. My favourite bit was that my train to Hamburg had a live map and a speedo showing how fast the train was going at that moment in time - fastest we got was 200 km/h and I could barely even feel it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest