The Student Room Group

Could there be a shy Brexit vote?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marshall Taylor
Why don't we avoid the possibility of this happening by voting REMAIN!

Because we should vote leave, its the right thing to do and the best thing for Britain.
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
Wow, just wow. Disgusting comment and you wonder why so many brexit supporters are shy. Also your ignorance and naivety will be the downfall of the remain campaign.

I'll quote you when we win.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer

The first part will still be true and they have to win by a lot, i'll quote you when I want to describe online trolls who insult those they don't agree with.
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
The first part will still be true and they have to win by a lot, i'll quote you when I want to describe online trolls who insult those they don't agree with.

K.
K.

Have you checked the TSR poll?

Remain have a lead in that.
Original post by 16characterlimit
I don't see why you would bother asking this question if you pick a fight every time someone disagree with you. Yes, its likely to be Shy Remain over Shy Brexit, just look at the amount of noise generated by UKIP during the general election, 12.6% of the vote and 1 constituency yet headline after headline about the apocalypse of immigration and the prodigal son that is Nigel Farage.

Brexit is clearly the vocal side.

I think it is most likely to be shy remain, judging from my own experience from 'leavers' being quite comfortable of whatever they get labelled as. I think it depends on the area, as clearly certain areas will be much more hateful towards leave voters, I think I may live in an accepting area where leave voters are not criticised as muchI do feel that the UKIP example isn't particularly a good example though, as considering other party support, 12.6% of the vote is huge and they should really have gotten more seats, its just that FPTP discriminates against unconcentrated support. SNP got far less of the popular vote yet still came out with 50 odd seats due to huge support all in one area; Scotland
Original post by Trapz99
I feel it's going to be the opposite- it's going to be a silent remain. The silent Tory phenomenon occurs because Consevative voters do not want to be perceived as privileged or 'out of touch'. In this referendum, remain voters do not want to be associated with the steroetype of being 'unpatriotic' so they are likely to be silent about it. Leave voters have been more outspoken so far and have been presenting a loud and energetic campaign and have reiterated the patriotic line.

Complete opposite in my experience. The most vocal have been the Remainers, with people on FB posting irrelevant and stupid remarks about Leavers, and getting many likes and comments for it. There were a bunch of campaigners handing out leaflets at the local train station today too.

I have not heard a single pip from the Leavers. They have been very quiet.
Question: where are all these polls people speak of and how does one find them to vote in them? I literally haven't come across any, so I'm curious as to who is voting in them.

Original post by similarBlank

Bloody hell :rofl: I knew when I signed in I was going to get this.

I don't run away, well played.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Yup. I called it. Polls didn't reflect shy Brexiteers. I saw this on the street/on the doorstep, for myself, whilst campaigning. God bless brave Britannia

Uncle foo.mp3, I feel like people my age will hate me when they find out I voted leave. Even though I stand by my decision, I dont know a single leave voter, and all throughout my Facebook feed people are harshly berating Leave voters and accusing them of ruining everyones lives and implying they are crazy (dramatic Lefty's as usual) and I feel like the tide will turn against me (its a bit isolating when no one really agrees with you) :frown:

Any advice on how to deal with this? Ive just been ignoring it

Hey, all I can say is I told you so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending