The Student Room Group

URGENT!!! EllaOne Pill

I am a 21 year old female.

On 3rd July I had sex WITH a condom but the guy finished inside the condom and was half inside me. Then the guy half took the condom off (it was half way up his penis) and at that time he was also exiting my vagina as he was slowly sliding off the condom containing the semen liquid. The condom wasn't ripped. However at the end of the intercourse I was able to feel damp between my inner thighs which worries me it might have been the sperm liquid.

I asked the guy if he has accidently let out of the condom a small amount of the semen liquid and he said he didn't. I don't believe him because of course he will say what I want to hear at his comfort to shut my mouth.

His endpoint (when he came in the condom) was at 16:30 3rd July.

The next morning, 4th July, I went to the doctors at 10:25am and at about 10:45am (roughly) I took the EllaOne Pill at the 18th hour after the intercourse. EllaOne pill can be taken for up to 120 hours or 5 days and in my case it was 18 hours out of 120 hours. I only felt tired which was expected as it was one of the symptoms.

P.S My last period was 17 June and I am next due for 15 July!!

My question to you people is have you been in such situation?
Do you know anyone who has?
Have you used EllaOne pill? What are your views? Can you trust it?
Have you taken EllaOne Pill towards the end of the required period? Did it still help?
How effective was it?
Do I have anything to worry about?

I need advice by tomorrow since I will be going to the doctors! Thank you
Why are you going to the doctors now? It's too soon to see if you're pregnant (and you're probably not) and you've already used emergency contraception.

If you wait another ten days or so, you can see if your period arrives on time. If not, you can test.
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
Why are you going to the doctors now? It's too soon to see if you're pregnant (and you're probably not) and you've already used emergency contraception.

If you wait another ten days or so, you can see if your period arrives on time. If not, you can test.

The pill might also make my period later.
Okay so I take the test and then what..."congratulations you have two lines look at you".
I find it ridiculous how we are in 21st century where technology has progressed big time but yet in the Sexual Health Department they don't have the ability to find out if you are pregnant right in the early days instead of waiting for your faith to be revealed at a far later date where you can't have anything less than abortion! Absolutely ridiculous
Two weeks after the possible conception is 'right in the early days'! What else would you like to be able to do?

If you really want to minimise the chances, go to somewhere that can fit a coil in the next day or two.
Reply 4
Two weeks after the possible conception is 'right in the early days'! What else would you like to be able to do?

If you really want to minimise the chances, go to somewhere that can fit a coil in the next day or two.

The intercourse was protected with a condom.
Condom WASN'T ripped.
I took the pill on the 18th out of 120th hour! EllaOne pill is very strong as well.

What more is there to minimise
That's why I said you're probably not pregnant!

But everyone's attitude to risk is different and if you want to go 'well, some semen could have ended up in me, and the hormonal emergency contraception might not delay my ovulation, so I want something that will prevent any successful implantation' you can get a coil fitted.

It would also act as a long-term contraceptive too.
Reply 6
That's why I said you're probably not pregnant!

But everyone's attitude to risk is different and if you want to go 'well, some semen could have ended up in me, and the hormonal emergency contraception might not delay my ovulation, so I want something that will prevent any successful implantation' you can get a coil fitted.

It would also act as a long-term contraceptive too.

I decided not to get the copper coil implant because women who have had that implant fitted they didn't manage to get pregnant when they wanted a family (even if they had the implant fitted at an early stage of their life).

On the 4th July when I was in the clinic and when I took the pill there and then, the nurses said "oh you take the pill and then relax you have nothing to worry about". They even compared my event of getting pregnant after taking the pill to an event like getting hit by a bus. The next day when I spoke to them on the phone they started rubbing in my ear the implant option and they repeated themselves to such extent where they almost gave me the impression that the pill might not be successful at its job.
Reply 7
Also, me and him were lying side ways when he came in the condom which WASN'T ripped and was inside me. Do you people think the semen liquid can escape from the tip of the condom (the top bit you squeeze when putting on the condom) and run down his penis? This is what I am most worried about

Please share your personal experience in regards to when you took the morning after pill and did it work? Have you ever taken the morning after emergency pill towards the end of the required period? Did it still work?
Reply 8
Can the smell of the vagina and urine change from that of the original odor due to the pill?
Can the smell change if a woman is pregnant?

Quick Reply

Latest