The Student Room Group

BREXIT: I paid the £25 to join the Labour Party

I will be voting for OWEN SMITH

The REMAIN candidate.

Corbyn spent 20 years being anti-EU then pretended at the last minute to be 75% in favour of the EU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11859648/Jeremy-Corbyn-admits-he-voted-for-Britain-to-leave-Europe-in-1975.html

(I think its too late for the Brexit posters here - lol)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You could always vote for the Lib Dems. They have always been pro Europe. Or you could move to Scotland.
Reply 2
Good for you m8
Waste of £25.
Brexit will happen.
Corbyn will win by a landslide imo.
Original post by FredOrJohn

The REMAIN candidate.

Corbyn spent 20 years being anti-EU then pretended at the last minute to be 75% in favour of the EU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11859648/Jeremy-Corbyn-admits-he-voted-for-Britain-to-leave-Europe-in-1975.html

We needed to know this why? TSR isn't your personal diary, dude
Reply 5
My support is firmly behind Jeremy Corbyn. Be prepared for another potential landslide.
Original post by Tawheed
Be prepared for another potential landslide.

A Tory landslide in the next GE?
Original post by FredOrJohn

The REMAIN candidate.

Do you really believe that? The media is out to get Corbyn. And obviously papers like the telegraph in particular.. Corbyn is an EU skeptic, but wants to remain in the EU and reform it. Owen is more of the same old status quo.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _Bright Eyes
Do you really believe that? The media is out to get Corbyn. And obviously papers like the telegraph in particular.. Corbyn is an EU skeptic, but wants to remain in the EU and reform it. Owen is more of the same old status quo.

The people of this nation won't listen to the right wing media, they want Corbyn, he did so well in the last Labour vote because he represents ordinary working people rather than corporate shills.

This is all very true, unfortunately, the result of it is that - for right or wrong reasons - the Labour party is basically unelectable under Jeremy Corbyn. It isn't fair but he has to go.
Original post by Plagioclase
This is all very true, unfortunately, the result of it is that - for right or wrong reasons - the Labour party is basically unelectable under Jeremy Corbyn. It isn't fair but he has to go.

I disagree. I think if the people of Britain rally behind him, it's very difficult for anyone to oust him.
I'm extremely tempted to sign up to vote for the commie friend of ISIS just for a laugh.
I support the Greens. So I will not be paying £25 and did not pay £3 as many Tories did to vote in Jeremy Corbyn.
Reply 14
I disagree. I think if the people of Britain rally behind him, it's very difficult for anyone to oust him.

There is a VERY big difference between being electable as the leader (sic) of the Labour Party and being UNelectable as the PM in a GE. He's a shoo-in for Labour

With Corbyn as leader plus the constituency boundary changes due in in 2017 the Labour Party is .........

Spoiler

Yeah but the people of Britain aren't rallying behind him, the extremely unrepresentative group that is the Labour membership is rallying behind him. If there was a general election now I imagine Labour would be slaughtered.
Original post by Plagioclase

The labour party is unelectable under Corbyn yet so many - like me- and also the majority of members voted and elected for him to win in a landslide ?

Rupert Murdoch and his media hate his guts, and cattle will follow what the media feeds them.
Corbyn will win and he will use your £25 to fight the general election.
Original post by Tawheed
The labour party is unelectable under Corbyn yet so many - like me- and also the majority of members voted and elected for him to win in a landslide ?

I don't get what's so hard to understand about this. Labour Party members are not representative of the UK population.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer

I feel like he's staring into my soul

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending