The Student Room Group

I make 29k a year AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarambeJr
Yeah I think it's good enough for now. It's enough to live on but I aim to earn a bit more in the future. If I do end up as a Partner I'll be earning £200000+
If I decide to go into industry and move up the ranks there I could see myself earning £100000 or more.

You know what, that's great. You have a great life and I'm happy for you. I'm happy with mylife and you're happy wi yours.

No, before tax haha
Never give up. Don't tell yourself you're too stupid or too incapable or that you can't do something. Think positively, set out a plan, try your best and see where life takes you. You can become what you want! You can become an accountant!

Harambe was a supergorilla. The King of the jungle.

I'm not boasting. I'm trying to show people that 29k is enough as long as you like your job and your quality of life is affected by much more than just how much you earn. £29k is pretty much the average British salary so I think that I'm doing alright.

No, 29k Before tax

Dating life is fine, I have a girlfriend.

I go out to eat with my colleagues once a week. We have social events at the firm sometimes. I don't go out to clubs or stuff like that though. I don't drink either due to certain religious reasons.

No, I haven't had any office crushes lol. I've been in a relationship since the second year of uni.

For breakfast, I either have cereal, porridge with fruit or scrambled eggs on toast. I like porridge the most, but only when it's done right.

Becoming partner because I already have a girlfriend who loves me and who I love.

White rice,I can't stand brown rice but buy it anyway because it's a lot healthier.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'prestige whore'

I would love to get on the partner track and I am trying my best to get on it. I've spoken to one or two people who've made it and I think I have a good chance, especially since so many of my colleagues are thinking of leaving the firm as soon as they get their ACA and I'm pretty much one of the only people enjoying my job! But it's early days and I might consider going into a different role once I complete the ACA.

I live my life and you live yours
I'll admit I was rather deep into a bottle of patron when i posted this
Original post by yungaheartz
why not? if you're apparently so rich now you can afford to give it out for free...

I give that away and I won't crack the 'phone number club'
but I'll give you a tidbit
metals are always a safe bet
Original post by Princepieman
Why do you try so hard to impress people (who couldn't care less) on an internet forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't aim to impress
I aim to inspire others to follow my lead
Original post by jamesthehustler
I give that away and I won't crack the 'phone number club'
but I'll give you a tidbit
metals are always a safe bet

like silver? i've been hearing that for a while now.
Original post by yungaheartz
like silver? i've been hearing that for a while now.

gold it still a bit high unless you plan to sit on it for several years
but silver's good as is platinum or palladium
but by it from a legitimate dealer like bullionbypost and they deliver it for free
then buy a safe to keep it in and you're set
Dont buy from bullionbypost.. worst prices going ^

Quick Reply

Latest