The Student Room Group

Do women avoid lazy guys?

So kind of wondering what you women think if a guy is a bit lazy. I don't mean the worst kind of lazy like on benefit, not bothering with further/higher education but I mean doing further/higher education but not putting in all hours possible and or an everyday job with not much concern for reaching for higher paid positions. Would you still be put off by a guy if he was the latter, if he worked but didn't really give any more than the standard?
Imo it's attractive having ambitions and goals, even if you dont know what you want it shows you're willing to work for something. it somewhat reflects the potential relationship youre going to have. if a guy wont work for his future then whys he going to work for u - he isnt.
Original post by Student2011584
Imo it's attractive having ambitions and goals, even if you dont know what you want it shows you're willing to work for something. it somewhat reflects the potential relationship youre going to have. if a guy wont work for his future then whys he going to work for u - he isnt.

I think it may be the opposite. If someone is intent on climbing the corporate ladder, putting in overtime, I don't see how they'd have quality family time. Someone who is willing to settle at a role whilst caring for their significant other would surely be better? This describes most men at minimum wage, some of them might've been lazy in that they possessed the skills for higher roles, but in actuality just want to live a content life.
Reply 3
Original post by toxicgamage56
I think it may be the opposite. If someone is intent on climbing the corporate ladder, putting in overtime, I don't see how they'd have quality family time. Someone who is willing to settle at a role whilst caring for their significant other would surely be better? This describes most men at minimum wage, some of them might've been lazy in that they possessed the skills for higher roles, but in actuality just want to live a content life.

This is essentially me, I've got degree qualifications, etc but prefer to do a non grad job. I can't see how a woman would respect that as it could make me look a bit lame. So either a woman wouldn't go with me to start with or she would ditch me due to lacking respect for me.
Original post by Anonymous
This is essentially me, I've got degree qualifications, etc but prefer to do a non grad job. I can't see how a woman would respect that as it could make me look a bit lame. So either a woman wouldn't go with me to start with or she would ditch me due to lacking respect for me.

Over a third of graduates work in non-graduate roles, so you're not alone there. And like 1 in 8 non-graduates work in graduate roles. So higher education isn't necessarily a proper indicator of later career, it depends on the individual and what they want. Though I am assuming that your role would be paying a bit higher than minimum wage since that wouldn't have required university at all? If you earn a wage that supports both you and a potential significant other reasonably well, then I don't see anything wrong with it.
Reply 5
Original post by toxicgamage56
Over a third of graduates work in non-graduate roles, so you're not alone there. And like 1 in 8 non-graduates work in graduate roles. So higher education isn't necessarily a proper indicator of later career, it depends on the individual and what they want. Though I am assuming that your role would be paying a bit higher than minimum wage since that wouldn't have required university at all? If you earn a wage that supports both you and a potential significant other reasonably well, then I don't see anything wrong with it.

I didn't know that, makes me feel a little better, though I still kind of feel the need to progress from where I am now. I can get in £29k per annum before tax in my present job. So guessing that could support another. I have a small terrace that I own without mortgage, about 3 bed, small living room, bathroom & kitchen. However I'm 45, so while my job isn't fast food or supermarket work it's not what many would probably regard as a lot up the social status ladder from that. So I kind of feel I should really be getting into something a bit more suitable for my age and educational background.

I guess it's not necessarily just so much about a getting with a woman as a result just being regarded well by women, etc even if I remained a single guy.
Reply 6
Still kind of feel like I'm ducking out of the harder jobs and it kind of being detrimental doing so to me, even if the pay is not much more. That might sound weird as easier money earn't as in current job kind of makes common sense. Just what some people go through in their daily work on a regular basis I don't know how they do it. I'm not sure I would last that long though possibly depending on what it was. I guess I wonder sometimes if I have enough strength of character. I don't always run from everything but I kind of feel I take the easy way out probably quite often, possibly more than is healthy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending