The Student Room Group

Best textbook for Edexcel B economics?

I'm going to be doing economics this year as an extra A Level from the 2015 specification, Edexcel B.

What textbooks and revision guides would you recommend?
I was thinking of getting this one as a textbook: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-Level-Economics-2015/dp/1447990552/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473079036&sr=1-1&keywords=economics+edexcel+a+level

Any help is appreciated :h:
Original post by drowzee
I'm going to be doing economics this year as an extra A Level from the 2015 specification, Edexcel B.

What textbooks and revision guides would you recommend?
I was thinking of getting this one as a textbook: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-Level-Economics-2015/dp/1447990552/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473079036&sr=1-1&keywords=economics+edexcel+a+level

Any help is appreciated :h:

Yep, this is the textbook I also use.
Reply 2
Original post by SubZero~

Oh okay, thank you. :smile: Do you use any other textbooks/revision guides?
Original post by drowzee
Oh okay, thank you. :smile: Do you use any other textbooks/revision guides?

Not really. I do use other resources though e.g. UpLearn. It's an online platform which allows you to select a subject and it provides revision resources designed to help you remember content, apply your knowledge using exam techniques, exam practice, mini quizzes and other useful stuff. It's a paid service but I would highly recommend it. I've been working with the teachers for the Economics course on the site. I'll give you more info, if you want it, when it goes live.
Reply 4
Original post by SubZero~
Not really. I do use other resources though e.g. UpLearn. It's an online platform which allows you to select a subject and it provides revision resources designed to help you remember content, apply your knowledge using exam techniques, exam practice, mini quizzes and other useful stuff. It's a paid service but I would highly recommend it. I've been working with the teachers for the Economics course on the site. I'll give you more info, if you want it, when it goes live.

That would be great, thanks! :h:
Reply 5
Bump because I want more opinions :h:
Reply 6
Original post by drowzee
Bump because I want more opinions :h:

I did the Economics B with Edexcel for AS last year

Just wanted to ask, do you use the Anforme textbooks
Reply 7
Original post by AyshaU
I did the Economics B with Edexcel for AS last year

Just wanted to ask, do you use the Anforme textbooks

Hi sorry, I've just started the course this year and decided to go for Economics A instead.
Reply 8
Original post by drowzee
Hi sorry, I've just started the course this year and decided to go for Economics A instead.

That is fine. I was just trying to help :smile:
Original post by 1777481
That is fine. I was just trying to help :smile:

Hi!

I know it's been two years, but I'm looking for A levels Edexcel Economics B textbooks as I'll be self-studying my A Levels. The books you mentioned, were they accurate with the Economics B spec and exams?

Sorry to bother you!
Original post by username1208193

Is it made for the Edexcel B specification?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest