The Student Room Group

Lost my revision notes and AS' start this week

I am in a big disaster and it's screwing me over and my goals. I lost all my revision notes for AS history paper 2 and Economics theme 2. I am shaking, they are nowhere to be found. My exams for these two are Monday 22nd (econ) and Tuesday 23rd (history)...

this monday i have my 1st exam and i cant focus because i keep thinking of the fact that i have lost my notes for my other subjects and panicking & shaking

i am so desperate for help, what would you do in my situation?? i dont have these notes backed up, and they took me months to work on, and they were so reliable+ tailored to the specification.

I feel like giving up. someone help me out please, i've been crying all morning when i realised they were gone. I have no hope right now
Reply 1
The internet should help you
Which examboard for economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trevish
The internet should help you
Which examboard for economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

edexcel economics

i just feel like those notes had everything i needed, and now using a book just wont suffice, especially for history when the questions need to planned w/ detail, statistics, and a good essay structure.

i feel like giving up with everything
Reply 3
Ayy
I do CIE
you can find some notes on the internet
Or use your textbook
Last resort they can be

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you did Maths, Chemistry, Physics I would have given you detailed notes but sorry I don't do those subjects :frown: I guess all nighters?
The re-writing of notes could aid your revision?
i know this sucks, but it's all good. i lost my £95 graphical calculator and my exams start from wednesday...i can't sit the exam without one sooooo -.- at least you aint me
Original post by Trevish
Ayy
I do CIE
you can find some notes on the internet
Or use your textbook
Last resort they can be

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey man,
I do CIE as well and do you know what are the ways to score top grades. I have all the book content on me but I can identify how to answer the question to get top grades. I mean I'm getting B but for the work I'm putting in, I deserve A AT LEAST.
Original post by imundercover
i know this sucks, but it's all good. i lost my £95 graphical calculator and my exams start from wednesday...i can't sit the exam without one sooooo -.- at least you aint me

Rent one...
Reply 8
Original post by albert_einsteinG
Hey man,
I do CIE as well and do you know what are the ways to score top grades. I have all the book content on me but I can identify how to answer the question to get top grades. I mean I'm getting B but for the work I'm putting in, I deserve A AT LEAST.

Dude Idk how to revise Economics as well xD
Only subject I could be useful to someone can be Accounting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn it, that's tough!
Ok, dedicate some time to searching for them, look everywhere, think about where you last had them etc, unless you took them on a journey or something they should be in your house.
Secondly, working on those notes will have already helped you out, because you've been over the whole specification, and should remember some of it. Start writing them out again as revision, review everything, and forget about the fact you haven't got notes, especially when in other exams. Focus on the exam in front of you!
Reply 10
Why not just use the textbooks/ revision guides. All I have ever used for revision is the revision guides and it works really well (worked last year at AS). Obviously I cant say if it works for you, but they are designed with the specification in mind, to give you all the content needed to meet the specification and understand the content.
Ask friends and teachers for notes??! who's the best student in your class? Ask to photocopy their notes I'm sure somewhere inside they'll have sympathy and share with you. But like someone said before re writing them could aid revision. Other than that i say just go full out on revision papers and whatever you can't answer without nots just make notes on that focus on what youre weaker at rather than everything that youve lost
Rewriting will be a LOSS of time! Just practice questions and check out your textbook for reference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much everyone for chipping in. These past 4 hours were simply horrible for me, with constant overthinking and going through breakdowns.

However, I have thought things through and i feel much better now.

I will work on my revision using the syllabus (my exam board gives a nice detailed one for economics), and with the use of the Myrevisionnotes revision guides and make a few essay plans/ work on past papers...

I really hope i can still get the 3As despite the loss of these notes.

Thanks again all
Original post by howeverhence
Thanks so much everyone for chipping in. These past 4 hours were simply horrible for me, with constant overthinking and going through breakdowns.

However, I have thought things through and i feel much better now.

I will work on my revision using the syllabus (my exam board gives a nice detailed one for economics), and with the use of the Myrevisionnotes revision guides and make a few essay plans/ work on past papers...

I really hope i can still get the 3As despite the loss of these notes.

Thanks again all

Good luck!
Just use 3-4 references to revise online and you will be good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by howeverhence
I am in a big disaster and it's screwing me over and my goals. I lost all my revision notes for AS history paper 2 and Economics theme 2. I am shaking, they are nowhere to be found. My exams for these two are Monday 22nd (econ) and Tuesday 23rd (history)...

this monday i have my 1st exam and i cant focus because i keep thinking of the fact that i have lost my notes for my other subjects and panicking & shaking

i am so desperate for help, what would you do in my situation?? i dont have these notes backed up, and they took me months to work on, and they were so reliable+ tailored to the specification.

I feel like giving up. someone help me out please, i've been crying all morning when i realised they were gone. I have no hope right now

be glad it isnt 4 years worth of uni notes, their backups and any form of electronic device save for a windows 7.8 phone. This + more happened during my last year at uni.

What I would say is just keep your head down, think potential topics which can come up, ask friends or tsr users for their notes (if possible) and use your college intranet (blackboard, moodle, whatever system you may use).

in anycase best of luck and dont think negatively as it is a habit students end to do.

also try keeping yourself isolated on the day of exams from your mates / other students as other students tend to make you more worried during exams by stressing your out due to a) they themselves being nervous and b) trying to destabilise you so they can get better grades.
Hey! A really similar thing happened to me at A2. I lost all my history notes the week before...! The main way I tackled this was to firstly use other friends notes, but also not focus on just using notes: I talked with others a lot and it really helped.
I came out with A*AA!
I made a video on how I revised and did well for A Levels with some tips in so checking it out might help and people might be interested!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cSyAR9bXAw
Broo same happened with me today and tomorrow is my exam for it.. l can't find my textbook in which my ans were hilighted... No other student in my class seem to have the textbook of same publication..Also these engineering books are not available in my local book store nearby..I am scared l had studied a lot for this and now l can't write anything without revision
Reply 18
Original post by bulletzone
if you did maths, chemistry, physics i would have given you detailed notes but sorry i don't do those subjects :frown: i guess all nighters?
The re-writing of notes could aid your revision?
dude dude dude
i do those exact subjects and i lost all of my notes and i am totally scewed
please please please can i have them

Quick Reply

Latest