The Student Room Group

Switched from Edexcel to AQA for Alevel maths, further maths, Best resources?

Resitting Alevel maths and doing further math for the First time, I was self study mainly from my edexcel textbooks I previously used but now I know im doing the exam itself via Aqa. Gonna get the other textbooks but what additional resources (I.e: YouTube channels, websites) can I use as I need to get at least an A* in math and A in further. My previous math grade was B
(edited 6 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by MonoAno555
Resitting Alevel maths and doing further math for the First time, I was self study mainly from my edexcel textbooks I previously used but now I know im doing the exam itself via Aqa. Gonna get the other textbooks but what additional resources (I.e: YouTube channels, websites) can I use as I need to get at least an A* in math and A in further. My previous math grade was B

Very simplistic advice would be that the syllabuses are little different so the main think to prepare is to hit the past (AQA) exam papers, though if youre aiming for A/A* Id probably use other exam boards as supplementary questions. Obv avaiable from the exam boards, but physics and maths tutor is a decent place to look first. drfrost has a range of different questions. TLmaths videos are based on the aqa syllabus and are well regarded
https://sites.google.com/view/tlmaths/home
Tbh, focussing on your textbook/videos/topic practice/exam papers should be your primary focus and the above should largely cover that.
Reply 3
Original post by mqb2766
Very simplistic advice would be that the syllabuses are little different so the main think to prepare is to hit the past (AQA) exam papers, though if youre aiming for A/A* Id probably use other exam boards as supplementary questions. Obv avaiable from the exam boards, but physics and maths tutor is a decent place to look first. drfrost has a range of different questions. TLmaths videos are based on the aqa syllabus and are well regarded
https://sites.google.com/view/tlmaths/home
Tbh, focussing on your textbook/videos/topic practice/exam papers should be your primary focus and the above should largely cover that.

Thanks
Reply 4
Thanks

Why are you changing? Edexcel has the best free resources
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
Why are you changing? Edexcel has the best free resources

I know, its more to do with circumstances regarding the centre I am sitting exams at only do the AQA exam board for maths and further
Reply 6
I know, its more to do with circumstances regarding the centre I am sitting exams at only do the AQA exam board for maths and further

That doesn't mena they can't enter you for Edexcel ... do they do GCSE with Edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest