The Student Room Group

CAMHS referal without my knowledge?

I was meant to get referred back in February for headaches because the Doctor wanted to confirm that they were migraines.
6 Months later, I haven't received a referral letter and so my mum follows it up, and turns out, around June time, I was referred to CAHMS.

I literally don't know who referred me!
Near the end of May, I ended up in hospital because of my asthma, and they found scars on my arms when they took my blood pressure and went on about "How I need to stop" even though I had been clean for a while... and I guess this is the only way I could have got referred....

But I'm feeling so much happier than I was then, I'm 100 days clean tomorrow, but my headaches are making life hell for me and right now, my referral for that has completely disappeared and now I'm being referred to CAHMS and I don't particularly want to be....

Help? Ideas?
Original post by Anonymous
I was meant to get referred back in February for headaches because the Doctor wanted to confirm that they were migraines.
6 Months later, I haven't received a referral letter and so my mum follows it up, and turns out, around June time, I was referred to CAHMS.

I literally don't know who referred me!
Near the end of May, I ended up in hospital because of my asthma, and they found scars on my arms when they took my blood pressure and went on about "How I need to stop" even though I had been clean for a while... and I guess this is the only way I could have got referred....

But I'm feeling so much happier than I was then, I'm 100 days clean tomorrow, but my headaches are making life hell for me and right now, my referral for that has completely disappeared and now I'm being referred to CAHMS and I don't particularly want to be....

Help? Ideas?

Congrats on 100 days! What I'd do is go along to the CAMHS appointment, as they'll know why you were referred, and they might have little else to do with you after that if they feel you don't need their services. Also, go back to your doctor and ask about the referral for your headaches and see if they can put that through for you because you're still suffering. Hope all goes well! Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Congrats on 100 days! What I'd do is go along to the CAMHS appointment, as they'll know why you were referred, and they might have little else to do with you after that if they feel you don't need their services. Also, go back to your doctor and ask about the referral for your headaches and see if they can put that through for you because you're still suffering. Hope all goes well! Good luck!

I just feel like I'll be wasting time by going to the appointment - I do want to know why I've been referred etc, but it's gonna be such a waste of time and I'll be missing school etc.

Thanks though,
Original post by Anonymous
I just feel like I'll be wasting time by going to the appointment - I do want to know why I've been referred etc, but it's gonna be such a waste of time and I'll be missing school etc.

Thanks though,

You could always see if you could reschedule, but I'm wondering if you were referred by your doctor to see if your headaches could somehow be related, or if they stopped when you started seeing CAMHS, although that theory is pretty farfetched. It could be worth seeing your doctor first and asking if they know why and then you can make your decision. It might not be a waste of time though. It could still be useful

Quick Reply

Latest