The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Afternoon :hat2:
urgh - take action! :sparta: For SPARTAAAAAAAA
hehehe
I just had a fab day starting A2 - bit hot here tho :colonhash:

Too right I'm taking action - by making my last backup today and will switch to the HP today and tomorrow! This time tomorrow I shall be on the HP, and deciding whether to keep, or sell, this piece of junk.

Everybody... who wants an Acer Aspire that cooks itself, and the only way of fixing it being to take the whole thing to bits to get to the motherboard?

Original post by 04MR17
104774The most obvious was princefirefox!

Haha, trying to impersonate princechromey now are we? :biggrin:

There's been loads, and I mean loads, of impostor accounts made of me, all for disruptive purposes... and guess who they all were....

Original post by spotify95
Too right I'm taking action - by making my last backup today and will switch to the HP today and tomorrow! This time tomorrow I shall be on the HP, and deciding whether to keep, or sell, this piece of junk.
Everybody... who wants an Acer Aspire that cooks itself, and the only way of fixing it being to take the whole thing to bits to get to the motherboard?

Yay! :smile:
:party: woop woop
lol yeah :rofl:
Original post by spotify95
Haha, trying to impersonate princechromey now are we?

There's been loads, and I mean loads, of impostor accounts made of me, all for disruptive purposes... and guess who they all were...
What I'm wondering is why are there no preventative measures for this?
104788:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
hehehehe thanks :tongue: and don't worry about rep, its not important :smile:CTAM is :mmm:

Yep :smile: I am trying to get CTAM moving as quickly as possible :biggrin:

@04MR17, some of your posts are out by 1, can you edit please? Thanks :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
104786What I'm wondering is why are there no preventative measures for this?

I know what you mean...

There should be something that stops anyone from impersonating another member, for example, if a very similar username is going to be created, there is something to stop that username from being created for the use of impersonation.

Alternatively, do what Digital Spy does - and have a system whereby every account that is created, has to be validated by a moderator, and if the account is not validated, then the user cannot post with the account. Thus, any impostor accounts would be refused validation. :smile:

Latest