The Student Room Group

Is this okayy? :/

Personally, I've made a decision to go into a very serious relationship and then marry a guy who is studying medicine like me( Im 16 now but i wish to in the future)

Moving on, there is this guy i met last week and he is really sweet. i am starting to like him, however i am very adamant on marrying a prospective medicine student and he isn't following the medicine route. Is it okay to still date him with the intention of not marrying him. Furthermore, i want to marry while i am still young, since the medicine course is 6 years in total this would mean that i want to preferably get married whilst at uni. In order for that to happen i believe that things would have to end after sixth from ( in 2 years, that's if we even last that long)

So my question is, is it worth going out with him if he is also interested in my with the mindset of ending things within the next 2 years????

Thank you
Why does ur partner have to also do medicine ? isn't the person more important than potential career paths?
don't worry that much
you're thinking too far into the future
you may like this guy know but there's still a chance that he's either not gonna like or that you'll start dating and break up in a month or even less
stop thinking like this! you may miss out on good lads by turning them down if they ain't doing med
Do not plan your life, it will laugh at you and do what it wants.

You cannot control who you end up with and most likely you'll just end up with the wrong guy for you if you're adamant that he needs to be a medicine student.
what if the doctor you meet in the future is an absolute *******
but this guy is the sweetest man you'll ever meet
would you still choose the doctor just cos he does medicine :sherlock:

i think you should give it a try and maybe he'll convince you otherwise
but if you're in the mindset of "this is temporary" and he doesn't know this, your relationship will have 0 chance of working out - so if you're not planning to tell him it's a temporary relationship then don't waste his time
Original post by Anonymous
Personally, I've made a decision to go into a very serious relationship and then marry a guy who is studying medicine like me( Im 16 now but i wish to in the future)

Moving on, there is this guy i met last week and he is really sweet. i am starting to like him, however i am very adamant on marrying a prospective medicine student and he isn't following the medicine route. Is it okay to still date him with the intention of not marrying him. Furthermore, i want to marry while i am still young, since the medicine course is 6 years in total this would mean that i want to preferably get married whilst at uni. In order for that to happen i believe that things would have to end after sixth from ( in 2 years, that's if we even last that long)

So my question is, is it worth going out with him if he is also interested in my with the mindset of ending things within the next 2 years????

Thank you

What's to say your soulmate is someone who studies medicine? Yes they could have a better understanding of your career than others but that doesn't mean they'd be the right person for you. You wont find the person you are going to marry if you dont give relationships ago, stop over thinking it so much and give things a go with this guy :smile: I met my fiance' out of the blue, so i'd say that not planning things and just letting them happen is the way to go.

Thank you

You seem very closed minded. Why must your partner be a doctor as well? They may understand your profession, yes, but doesn't mean someone who has a different profession can't take interest/learn about what you do.
I wouldn't put yourself in a box straight away as you don't know what your future would hold. It's better to be with someone who makes to you happy rather than just because someone is a doctor. You'll regret it in the future if this doctor husband turns our to be a an a***hole.
Original post by tcameron
You seem very closed minded. Why must your partner be a doctor as well? They may understand your profession, yes, but doesn't mean someone who has a different profession can't take interest/learn about what you do.
I wouldn't put yourself in a box straight away as you don't know what your future would hold. It's better to be with someone who makes to you happy rather than just because someone is a doctor. You'll regret it in the future if this doctor husband turns our to be a an a***hole.

but he'll be an **hole with a med degree

Thank you

All I'm going to say is have fun marrying another doctor and never seeing him because of your manic work schedules
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
What's to say your soulmate is someone who studies medicine? Yes they could have a better understanding of your career than others but that doesn't mean they'd be the right person for you. You wont find the person you are going to marry if you dont give relationships ago, stop over thinking it so much and give things a go with this guy :smile: I met my fiance' out of the blue, so i'd say that not planning things and just letting them happen is the way to go.

Soulmates do not exist

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending