The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Why do I keep ****ing things up :sigh:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Thanks bullettheory! Will be signing up with the disability team at some point too.

No problem! Let me know if theres anything else you wanna know!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Got really triggered by therapy - having to cancel non-essential plans for the week :sad:

:hugs:
Original post by Airmed

Thanks. Looks like I have to miss our departmental postgrad day too :emo: Not sure my brain can cope with sitting in a classroom for 7 hours listening to roundtables and academic papers :nope:
Thanks. Looks like I have to miss our departmental postgrad day too :emo: Not sure my brain can cope with sitting in a classroom for 7 hours listening to roundtables and academic papers :nope:

Aw :frown: I'm sorry it was such a tough session. I agree you should rest. :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
Yeah, I know. I just feel bad because my mum's really upset with me. I don't know how to get past that point. Thank you though. I know you're right logically. Are you okay?
Yeah I get you, it would be so much easier if parents could stay neutral sometimes! You know it's only because she cares though :smile: it's not easy, I know. For me it was like fighting all my instinctsI'll be alright, thanks, just not having the easiest time x
Original post by Spock's Socks
I can't take meds due to my contamination fears. I am concerned that everything I eat, drink, touch, breathe etc is laced with something such as a poison, drugs, germs etc which sounds silly but that's OCD for ya so I've not been able to take anything for it since I can't even take a painkiller even when I am in really bad pain :cry2: I did try antidepressants in the past but took a bad reaction which only strengthened my fears against them. I was getting therapy at the start of the year and off and on through my life but my therapist was a disaster and you might have already heard what happened with her :/ I saw a psychiatrist about 2 months ago and was told I would see a CPN within a week or 2 but lo and behold, nothing :frown: I'm going back to my GP later this week to discuss this with her. Its magical thoughts and paranoia I've mainly been struggling with lately but the contamination fears are always there too :frown:

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time of it too right now :frown: if you ever need to talk, feel free to mail me :hugs: I'm a Joy Division fan too :smile: They are my all time favourite band, well, joint with Simon and Garfunkel :teehee:

Thanks! :hugs:

Sorry to hear things are so rough :frown: I can relate re the magical thoughts and paranoia - they're probably the biggest problems I have with OCD. The thoughts come and go; I can be free from them for months and then they'll come back when I'm stressed. Therapy has helped in the past but I find the thoughts always come back. The only thing that helped completely was fluoxetine as it completely silenced all the OCD chatter but then it sent me crazy so I had to come off it. The citalopram's not really doing anything yet.

Hope the GP appointment goes well! :smile:

Yeah, Joy Division are awesome! Peter Hook's my biggest musical hero - I've seen him live with his band a bunch of times and they're always incredible. I saw them doing the Substance albums in full at the weekend and it was phenomenal :biggrin: Joy Division's music has always helped me through mental health crises, god knows where I'd be without it! (Simon and Garfunkel are awesome btw!).
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm finding this moment too much. Does anyone get what I mean? Like, I know I am fine in general, and I will eventually be okay, but it's like a sudden burst of overwhelming sadness. How do I get past it?
- Ezme
3 hours sleep in total. Missed a call from my GP so I phoned back, thinking that it was about my new medication. Oh - ****ing - no. Let's tell the sleep deprived Cesca that she has PCOS instead over the ****ing phone.

**** sakes! I feel like ****, I look like ****, my sleep was already woeful enough.
:grouphugs: :jumphug: :lovehug: for all who are struggling. Please try and stay as safe and well as possible! :frown:

My friend was really worried about me last night, so she made me contact the disability office at uni, who phoned this morning and made me contact my hospital. Nurse is trying to get hold of psychologist to establish what I'm supposed to do in situations like this :emo:
:grouphugs: :jumphug: :lovehug: for all who are struggling. Please try and stay as safe and well as possible! :frown:

My friend was really worried about me last night, so she made me contact the disability office at uni, who phoned this morning and made me contact my hospital. Nurse is trying to get hold of psychologist to establish what I'm supposed to do in situations like this :emo:

:jumphug: to you TLG :heart:
Original post by iEthan
:jumphug: to you TLG :heart:

Original post by Airmed
3 hours sleep in total. Missed a call from my GP so I phoned back, thinking that it was about my new medication. Oh - ****ing - no. Let's tell the sleep deprived Cesca that she has PCOS instead over the ****ing phone.

**** sakes! I feel like ****, I look like ****, my sleep was already woeful enough.

Thats pretty **** they did it over the phone.

When i was diagnosed with PCOS over a year ago i really struggled coming to terms with it (due to future possible implications) but iv come to terms with it a bit now. Yes i still have *****y days where the symptoms get me down, but i try not to.

Odly one of the best things i did to help me come to terms with it was getting an awareness ribbon tattoo, it was really quite theraputic in a way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Thats pretty **** they did it over the phone.

When i was diagnosed with PCOS over a year ago i really struggled coming to terms with it (due to future possible implications) but iv come to terms with it a bit now. Yes i still have *****y days where the symptoms get me down, but i try not to.

Odly one of the best things i did to help me come to terms with it was getting an awareness ribbon tattoo, it was really quite theraputic in a way

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I had a look at the future implications myself. I am a bit upset, to say the least. I am planning to get a tattoo anyway for my mental health, but it will tie in nicely with this.
Original post by Airmed
Yeah, I had a look at the future implications myself. I am a bit upset, to say the least. I am planning to get a tattoo anyway for my mental health, but it will tie in nicely with this.

Its normal to be upset, when i was diagnosed i was in a long term relationship as well and it killed me.

Maybe get the two awareness ribbons interlinked or something? Thats what i was considering but i went with...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474374945.501899.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Its normal to be upset, when i was diagnosed i was in a long term relationship as well and it killed me.

Maybe get the two awareness ribbons interlinked or something? Thats what i was considering but i went with...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474374945.501899.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, that's really nice!
When I go back to uni im going to be seeing a new psychiatrist....

What are the reasons I can give her for wanting to come off my CTO without it seeming like I want to 'break the conditions' once its gone?
Managed to get out today for an hour or so. I took a few panics and its drained me but the main thing is I got out the house for a little while, I suppose :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Managed to get out today for an hour or so. I took a few panics and its drained me but the main thing is I got out the house for a little while, I suppose :smile:

Im tempted to go for a walk along the prom and maybe get some chips but im not sure where to get chips from without walking right into town

Posted from TSR Mobile
Always angers me when people say Mental Illnesses are disabilities!
They're not (in my opinion) and more recognition is needed!
They're more common than most people realize and they're a serious matter!
We need to spread worldwide awareness for Mental Health and it needs to be taught in schools and workplaces!

And my MH is improving. Had lots of depressive down spells recently but have had 2.5 happy days currently (hoping the rest of today is also happy!)
The OCD is still the same though!

Latest