The Student Room Group

Travelling to university daily

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone stays at home but travels to university daily or whenever they need to - don't stay in a accommodation
Do you find it difficult to do this daily ? Does this affect your work?
It's is stressful ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it doesn't , I feel more comfortable at home doing work and the travelling bit can be long but just listen to music
Depends how far you have to travel
Reply 3
Original post by ilovecupcakes123
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone stays at home but travels to university daily or whenever they need to - don't stay in a accommodation
Do you find it difficult to do this daily ? Does this affect your work?
It's is stressful ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me, I travel every day to my Uni in London (I'm now a second year student) and it doesn't affect my studies at all. In fact it's nice to be at home as I can properly save up money, I just bought a car! All of my friends who have moved out always moan about having no structure or money and they do this to themselves just so they can stay in bed for an extra 40 mins, not really worth it.

One thing I'll add though it that if you like going out late to events then it will affect how easy that is, there's always night buses though and if you live on the night tube route then you're laughing.
Original post by bonesyy
Trust me, I travel every day to my Uni in London (I'm now a second year student) and it doesn't affect my studies at all. In fact it's nice to be at home as I can properly save up money, I just bought a car! All of my friends who have moved out always moan about having no structure or money and they do this to themselves just so they can stay in bed for an extra 40 mins, not really worth it.

One thing I'll add though it that if you like going out late to events then it will affect how easy that is, there's always night buses though and if you live on the night tube route then you're laughing.

Thanks for the response - really helpful!!
I'm looking into travelling daily to university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by melanies321
No it doesn't , I feel more comfortable at home doing work and the travelling bit can be long but just listen to music

Thanks for the response- it was helpful because I am looking into travelling daily to university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moeeahmed
Depends how far you have to travel

Thanks for the response - Yes that's true- I'm looking at close universities

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ilovecupcakes123

The daily walk may help you prevent gaining weight from all those cupcakes.
:wink:
Reply 8
Travel about an hour a day to uni but don't mind it (doesn't even feel that long tbh). Only time I really get to listen to music so its all good.
Original post by Davalla
The daily walk may help you prevent gaining weight from all those cupcakes.
:wink:

😂😂 hahah yes that's true !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went from travelling 2hrs n a half to 30mins when we moved house (praise the Lord) and in the first house, my attendance was really bad so it depends on how far tbh
Personally, I feel you should stay at the university to get the full experience, whilst university is about the education it is also about learning how to be independent and doing things by yourself so if you're going to be travelling back and forth everyday you will not get the full experience of university life and you won't be able to learn to be independent. It's your choice at the end of the day, whatever seems suitable to you. :smile:
Original post by Nid_khan
Personally, I feel you should stay at the university to get the full experience, whilst university is about the education it is also about learning how to be independent and doing things by yourself so if you're going to be travelling back and forth everyday you will not get the full experience of university life and you won't be able to learn to be independent. It's your choice at the end of the day, whatever seems suitable to you. :smile:

Thanks for the response I really do appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending