The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
Yep - those success rates are very good :smile: Not only does that mean that I get loads of free batteries, but more importantly, less batteries are unnecessarily being thrown out and going to landfill.

I was just thinking though - suppose some of the local shops/supermarkets let me empty their batteries around here (on the condition that I return the dead ones back for recycling): I wonder how many batteries I'd be able to collect in my battery supply? And how many less batteries would be going to landfill?

Indeed, and that is very important too :yep:

Ooh wow, you'd have loads! It definitely would be of great help to the environment too. Maybe it's worth asking?

Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Yea sure did.

Not really, homework, trying to rest ready for next week. What about you??

115, 376

Aah, homework. I remember having quite a lot of that when I was at school about 3 or 4 years ago! Out of interest, are you doing GCSE's, A Levels, etc?

I haven't got much planned for the weekend but I know I've got to go to my local drop off point to drop off a parcel that needs sending :smile:

Aah, homework. I remember having quite a lot of that when I was at school about 3 or 4 years ago! Out of interest, are you doing GCSE's, A Levels, etc?

I haven't got much planned for the weekend but I know I've got to go to my local drop off point to drop off a parcel that needs sending :smile:

Yea only just started year 12 in September and there are so much homework to do.

Sounds good.

115 390
Btw, don't let PT get the 100 post!

Original post by Matrix123
Indeed, and that is very important too :yep:

Ooh wow, you'd have loads! It definitely would be of great help to the environment too. Maybe it's worth asking?

Yep :smile: and you're right, I certainly would have loads! Alright, that'd mean more to sort through, and potentially more to send back to recycling, but hey ho! It'd certainly give me more batteries and would help to ave the planet :smile:

Come to think of it, I wonder if I should ask the local shops if they'd let me recycle their batteries? :smile: I'd say so :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
Yep :smile: and you're right, I certainly would have loads! Alright, that'd mean more to sort through, and potentially more to send back to recycling, but hey ho! It'd certainly give me more batteries and would help to ave the planet :smile:

Come to think of it, I wonder if I should ask the local shops if they'd let me recycle their batteries? :smile: I'd say so :smile:

Yup!

Should do - sounds like a good idea:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest