The Student Room Group

How much homework should i be getting?

Im doing a part time job after school until 5 or 6 then it takes me an hour to shower, have dinner, do laundry, etc, and im not allowed to stay up past 10, so i have 2-3 hours for homework, plus extra if i wake up around 3 am. I have to leave for school at around 7, it takes me an hour to get ready, chores, breakfast exercise etc.
The problem is even with this routine i barely manage to finish all my homework, if I don't do it to standard i get held back after school for 1 hour, I am extremely sleep deprived atp.

My science teacher sets 4 ish hours for the next day every day, plus other homeworks that take up around an hour or 2 each, usually 2 or 3 a day. Is this normal? How much homework should I get? I am in year 10 going into year 11.
I have to do homework while also looking after my sister because my parents have to work a lot
hey im in yr 11 and honestly i never had that much hw. maybe back in yr8? idk. maybe its just a school specific thing cuz the max amt of time i spent doing hw on a more regular basis this yr is like 45 mins... maybe 2-3 hrs for projects or studying for a pop quiz but im not rlly counting that

ur not joking right 😭 cuz that sounds like way too much
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by aliceinhell
Im doing a part time job after school until 5 or 6 then it takes me an hour to shower, have dinner, do laundry, etc, and im not allowed to stay up past 10, so i have 2-3 hours for homework, plus extra if i wake up around 3 am. I have to leave for school at around 7, it takes me an hour to get ready, chores, breakfast exercise etc.
The problem is even with this routine i barely manage to finish all my homework, if I don't do it to standard i get held back after school for 1 hour, I am extremely sleep deprived atp.

My science teacher sets 4 ish hours for the next day every day, plus other homeworks that take up around an hour or 2 each, usually 2 or 3 a day. Is this normal? How much homework should I get? I am in year 10 going into year 11.
I have to do homework while also looking after my sister because my parents have to work a lot

That’s crazy, I’ve just finished year 13 and I can say I’ve literally never had that much homework. 4 hours of work due the next day?! Is the part time job completely necessary? Because that’s the only thing you could really take away to have more time for all that homework.
None. It's an entitled attitude of the educational establishment to expect you to work on your free time.

Quick Reply

Latest