The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
I'm struggling. I'm not sure if it's the government or a relapse due to stopping the clozapine, but something isn't right. I feel scared to tell my CCO and psychiatrist about what's going on for fear of section. I've been in hospital 17 times now, I can deal with it (I hate it though) but I don't see how I can do well at uni if a) I can't go to lectures b) they either take my laptop away from me in hospital or won't let me have the charger so can only study for a few hours a day. I really want a distinction this year for my masters. I'm in such a conundrum.

On a positive note, I've been thinking of 'coming out' as mentally ill to my course mates soon. I feel it's the right time and the right people to do so. Maybe not publicly on faceboook or anything just yet, but still, a step.

Sounds like a relapse, in all honesty :frown: Do try and inform the appropriate people. Your health, wellbeing and safety are far more important than any degree.

Good on you for the last para, btw :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sounds like a relapse, in all honesty :frown: Do try and inform the appropriate people. Your health, wellbeing and safety are far more important than any degree.

Good on you for the last para, btw :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But is it though? If safety becomes an issue then of course I will seek the appropriate help (unlikely to get to that point tbh). But if I don't do well at MSc I won't be able to get onto a PhD, won't be able to do research, which is what I live for. I can get help anytime, I can't re-do a crap degree class.

Thanks :smile: You have been part of my inspiration to do so!

Spoiler

****.Ended up calling my CCO in panic about spies and now she wants an emergency assessment by the psychiatrist within the next hour. I've really ****ed up. I can't get sectioned.
****.Ended up calling my CCO in panic about spies and now she wants an emergency assessment by the psychiatrist within the next hour. I've really ****ed up. I can't get sectioned.

:jumphug:

Good luck :yes:
I spoke to my manager about a demotion and I think he's said thats fine. I can't cope with an manager role right now so something less stressful might help me big time.

Hope it goes ok and it just ends up with you getting more support.

Let us know :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie
Hope it goes ok and it just ends up with you getting more support.

Let us know :hugs:

Wasn't sectioned! They tried to get me to see the crisis team but refused.

Met new psychiatrist lady who was lovely, yay!

Increased my meds and increased contact with me.

I hope it went okay :console: :hugs:

Edit: Just saw the above post :tongue: Really glad!
I'm struggling. I'm not sure if it's the government or a relapse due to stopping the clozapine, but something isn't right. I feel scared to tell my CCO and psychiatrist about what's going on for fear of section. I've been in hospital 17 times now, I can deal with it (I hate it though) but I don't see how I can do well at uni if a) I can't go to lectures b) they either take my laptop away from me in hospital or won't let me have the charger so can only study for a few hours a day. I really want a distinction this year for my masters. I'm in such a conundrum.

On a positive note, I've been thinking of 'coming out' as mentally ill to my course mates soon. I feel it's the right time and the right people to do so. Maybe not publicly on faceboook or anything just yet, but still, a step.

Glad to hear you didn't get sectioned. :five:

With your degree, if things really do get bad then have you thought about taking a break from it? Or else just get extensions on everything? For my masters I got over a year extension on my dissertation and went from definitely wouldn't be able to write it to getting a merit. Universities should be understanding about health issues.

And btw, I hope your "coming out" goes well.
Wasn't sectioned! They tried to get me to see the crisis team but refused.

Met new psychiatrist lady who was lovely, yay!

Increased my meds and increased contact with me.

I hated seeing the crisis team. The ones I saw were really cold.

Glad they've increased contact. My CPN is off ill so i'm kinda left in the lurch atm
Original post by Sabertooth
Glad to hear you didn't get sectioned. :five:

With your degree, if things really do get bad then have you thought about taking a break from it? Or else just get extensions on everything? For my masters I got over a year extension on my dissertation and went from definitely wouldn't be able to write it to getting a merit. Universities should be understanding about health issues.

And btw, I hope your "coming out" goes well.

I just can't afford it in terms of tuition and living fees :frown:

I told my new friend at uni and she was great about it!
Original post by Cinnie
I hated seeing the crisis team. The ones I saw were really cold.

Glad they've increased contact. My CPN is off ill so i'm kinda left in the lurch atm

So is mine. Was meant to see him today but got a call to say he's off again. Not seen him in over 3 weeks and it's not good. :/
I just can't afford it in terms of tuition and living fees :frown:

I told my new friend at uni and she was great about it!

Oh I see. Do you not qualify for benefits?

That's really good that your friend took it well. :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh I see. Do you not qualify for benefits?

That's really good that your friend took it well. :smile:

I get low PIP (although have appealed for high as I was one point off and things have got worse since I was re-assessed) and might ask CCO about ESA next week as I don't feel able to work. But it's not enough to cover London rent + food + tuition fees, let alone the little extras like clothes and textbooks

My masters is mostly self studied so I'm hoping that will help, not having to go into lectures everyday

How are you anyway?
Things have taken a turn for the worse.
Just have to somehow get threw the small shift I have tomorrow to get threw without having a bad turn and hopefully then I should be able to enjoy my next few days off without this stupid anxiety.

They've started to notice my good and bad days at work :cry:
Remember me? :jive:
Original post by IDukem

:woo:

:eek:

:lovehug:

Hello!
Original post by IDukem

:gasp: :biggrin: :jumphug: :party: :woo: :loveduck:

I don't know if we've spoken since I changed my user name. :tongue: