The Student Room Group

Bashar al-Assad

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
if he goes there will be another completely destabilized zone (democracy of course according to the US)
we have learned nothing from Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt ...

Yeah because it's really peaceful at the moment :rolleyes:

You also seem to think that genocidal dictators and Islamist theocracies who assist in the training of Jihadis is a tolerable situation. Yeah how about no.

You're also suggesting that Arabs and Afghans are too barbaric to be without oppressive and brutal regimes to keep them from slaughtering each other in sectarian retardation. Everyone who says that we should keep people like Assad, Saddam, Gaddafi etc so that we don't "destabilise" the region is saying that and it's downright racist. Which is ironic because a lot of these anti-Western people who say these things consider themselves to be "progressive". But the truth is that in their ignorance they only betray their own prejudices. Arabs need to be oppressed and dictated according to these people. Yours and their stance, not mine or UK's or America's. Stop denying the rights of people like Arabs and Afghabs of self-determination you racist bigot.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Warsmith
Oh, don't give me that speech. Yes, he's done atrocious things, but don't you claim that the hands of the west are clean. The scheming, plotting and organisation that goes into helping those "newly-made" government opposition groups really speaks for itself, and if you think that we're faultless in all of the major world conflicts that have happened recently, then you're a fool.

Care to direct me to precisely where I said the west are faultless? I'll give you a hint: you can't because I never did and you produced a strawman argument. You realise, don't you, that one can condemn a brutal and muderous dictator without thinking that the West is perfect? It's not a difficult concept lol.

"He said Assad is bad....he must therefore think that the West is perfect!"

That's you. I'll forgive you for the slander but in future you should be mindful not to attribute false positions to people as it does no favours for your arguments and is very intellectually dishonest. K thanks x

PS you also shouldn't try to dismiss all criticism of brutal and muderous dictators who slaughter their own people as "[insert dictator] bashing". Not a good look
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KimKallstrom
Care to direct me to precisely where I said the west are faultless? I'll give you a hint: you can't because I never did and you produced a strawman argument. You realise, don't you, that one can condemn a brutal and muderous dictator without thinking that the West is perfect? It's not a difficult concept lol.

"He said Assad is bad....he must therefore think that the West is perfect!"

That's you. I'll forgive you for the slander but in future you should be mindful not to attribute false positions to people as it does no favours for your arguments and is very intellectually dishonest. K thanks x

PS you also shouldn't try to dismiss all criticism of brutal and muderous dictators who slaughter their own people as "[insert dictator] bashing". Not a good look

So by your stellar intellect, did you assume that I openly defend such a dictator?

Now I know that my argument was somewhat implying what you said, but honestly that's the image you were giving me when you wrote that post.

The thing is - think to yourself - were Bashar's action really only orchestrated by his own madness or did other parties have a hand in the broader conflict? Would you place the blame of the utter destruction of Syria and the subsequent migrant influx 100% squarely on Assad's shoulders?
Reply 143
Yeah because it's really peaceful at the moment :rolleyes:

You also seem to think that genocidal dictators and Islamist theocracies who assist in the training of Jihadis is a tolerable situation. Yeah how about no.

You're also suggesting that Arabs and Afghans are too barbaric to be without oppressive and brutal regimes to keep them from slaughtering each other in sectarian retardation. Everyone who says that we should keep people like Assad, Saddam, Gaddafi etc so that we don't "destabilise" the region is saying that and it's downright racist. Which is ironic because a lot of these anti-Western people who say these things consider themselves to be "progressive". But the truth is that in their ignorance they only betray their own prejudices. Arabs need to be oppressed and dictated according to these people. Yours and their stance, not mine or UK's or America's. Stop denying the rights of people like Arabs and Afghabs of self-determination you racist bigot.

Impressive knowledge !!
Thanks you for educating me !!
Whatever you're smoking, can I have some too please?

Look, unlike the Putinbots on here, I have a history of condemning Assad in a similar way to condemning ISIS. To suggest he should remain because he stops other terrible people is like saying South Africa should have kept Apartheid because the crime rate is now higher than it was.

But let's be real. Look at some of rebel groups. Can you tell me - with a straight face - that they'd be tolerant of Christians, Yazidis, Druze and Muslim miniorities like Alawites? You must be smoking crack to even entertain the idea.

Well, they'd be treated with justice. The Druze in Idlib at the moment, are they being massacred? The answer is no. Apart from one massacre in which the suspects were arrested (and the group apologised), they aren't being killed.
Original post by AlifunArnab
Well, they'd be treated with justice.

Would they be treated equally as we would expect in any decent society or would they be dhimmis
Reply 146
Is that why Russia are bombing in areas where ISIS don't even operate? Switch off RT. You Putinbots can't justify Assad and Russia forever.

That's to prevent the West removing Assad from power whilst ISIS is still there. Im not pro Assad but we need him and his army if we're going to get rid of ISIS and send all these migrants back.
Original post by BaconandSauce
And some like my grandparents fought for such principles. They didn't flee when the firing started so why would we want those who are running away to come here?

Because it's not safe for them to return?
Where do you suggest we send them? And why do you have a problem with people genuinely wanting to seek asylum here?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
I can't remember word for word but..

Spoiler

Hmm, I guess we'll see..

I meant it,to you and nobody else. :love:
Always :kiss:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
Because it's not safe for them to return?

No.

As I said they didn't flee in the first place.
No.

As I said they didn't flee in the first place.

Listen,I can tell you're a racist already. Do you have an issue with every ethnic minority person who seeks asylum in Britain or just Arabs in general Coz I don't have time for haters okay. The NHS is looking after me well tho because I did see you little sly comment having a dig at me for being sick,you should be ashamed tbh.
Original post by queen-bee
Listen,I can tell you're a racist already.

And there you go.

You know I'm right but don't have an answer so go with that.

But I have issue with people who would so willingly abandon their roots to take advantages of a society they didn't contribute to. Simple fact is they've done it once they'll do it again and these are the people this country can do without given those who want to come here who should be welcomed (and have been welcomed) and be a part of this society people like my grandparents fought to build.

But hey I don't have to defend people giving up their roots nor do you really as you have the privilege of being one of us (something I doubt you would bee willing to give up so easily unlike those fleeing Syria at the moment) :biggrin:
And there you go.

You know I'm right but don't have an answer so go with that.

But I have issue with people who would so willingly abandon their roots to take advantages of a society they didn't contribute to. Simple fact is they've done it once they'll do it again and these are the people this country can do without given those who want to come here who should be welcomed (and have been welcomed) and be a part of this society people like my grandparents fought to build.

But hey I don't have to defend people giving up their roots nor do you really as you have the privilege of being one of us (something I doubt you would bee willing to give up so easily unlike those fleeing Syria at the moment) :biggrin:

What do you mean by didn't contribute? Racist way of thinking
What have you contributed?
Was his dissertation on releasing them from jail so that one could justify massacring protestors by association?

no it was on a 4 year project on how to oppose every continent on the world including its own, except the majestic Iran, Iraq and Russia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending