The Student Room Group

Tahajjud prayer

As-salamu alaykum,

I cannot perform 5 times everyday pray due to my work schedule. I always pray Isha , my question is can I still pray tahajjud will be accepted as I only can pray once out of 5 prayers. For example today I had work I couldn’t pray 4 times I only prayed Isha. Now I am in doubt if I pray tahajjud would be accepted? I pray only with surah al-kafrun and surah al-ikhlas would be accepted?
Please reply me I really need to know
Original post by Fatima begum
As-salamu alaykum,

I cannot perform 5 times everyday pray due to my work schedule. I always pray Isha , my question is can I still pray tahajjud will be accepted as I only can pray once out of 5 prayers. For example today I had work I couldn’t pray 4 times I only prayed Isha. Now I am in doubt if I pray tahajjud would be accepted? I pray only with surah al-kafrun and surah al-ikhlas would be accepted?

Wa ʿalaykumu s-salam

i am not really sure but you can do researches on google or you can use this website called quora, Insha Allah you will be able to find a answer
Reply 2
Original post by Fatima begum
As-salamu alaykum,

It is difficult to hear that people miss their prayers due to work. The severity of missing prayers has been mentioned in the Sunnah. The Prophet said (meaning):
"Whoever leaves the ‘Asr prayer [deliberately], then all his good deeds will be nullified." [Sahīh al-Bukhārī 553]

"The covenant between us and them (the disbelievers) is the Prayer (as-Salāh), so whoever abandons it has disbelieved." [at-Tirmidhī 2621]

"The one who does not maintain the Prayers will not have any light, or proof, or salvation for himself––and on the Day of Resurrection, he will be alongside Qāroon, Fir’awn, Hāmān, [Abu Jahl] and Ubayy bin Khalaf." [Reported by Ahmad in Al-Musnad, 2/169, no. 353, Ibn Hibbān (Al-Mawārid), no. 245, Ibn Battah, 2/683, no. 895]

I advise you, may Allaah bless you, to take this matter seriously and not prefer your work over the light that will be a salvation for you on the Day of Resurrection. You should make arrangements so that you are able to pray during your work hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending