The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I always frequent Costa for their great hot chocolate (best served with whipped cream) and relaxed atmosphere. Starbucks , in my opinion, is more of an on the go coffee stop.
Original post by jobyjoe97
I prefer Costa over Starbucks, it tastes better, and is cheaper, Costa pay tax, Starbucks don't, Costa supports the troops, Starbucks don't, Costa uses fair trade, Starbucks don't. I went to Starbucks once and it was a case of here's your drink now get out! I was disgusted in Costa I get treated with respect as a customer and they try they're best to talk to everyone even on a busy day. About a month ago our troops from our local army base were returning from afgan and once the parade was over most of the troops flooded into Costa because costs offered a troop discount for them, Starbucks didn't do any such thing.

Starbucks uses fairtrade. The standard espresso that goes into every drink (unless you ask otherwise) is fairtrade. They also do discount for NHS workers, fire service, police and military, although this may be a store by store thing I'm not entirely sure. Some definitely do though.
Reply 122
I'll stick with my Tassimo Joy.
both taste like well dirt i will always look for an italian restaurant with a bar as i have a frangelico infused coffee or amaretto if they don't have that or in the event you do find it this pistachio liqueur
http://https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-16173.aspx
It's just twinings tea as far as I'm aware
I work for costa..the coffee that we serve is high quality and takes 7-8 years from seed to cup..look it up on google you will be surprised pluss we are 100% rainforest aliance certified unlike Starbucks/Nero that are 40-60% Fairtrad..that means they give the farmer a wage and do nothing for the community's that grow there coffee :wink:
Reply 126
I prefer costa's cold drinks and Starbucks for warm drinks!:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaNReD12345
we are 100% rainforest aliance certified unlike Starbucks/Nero that are 40-60% Fairtrad..that means they give the farmer a wage and do nothing for the community's that grow there coffee :wink:

They do. Quite a lot actually. I worked for Starbucks and had to sit through an entire meeting on the subject.
I prefer my iced coffees from Costa and only really like Starbucks during autumn and winter. I have to admit, I love pumpkin spice and gingerbread lattes!
Reply 129
Costa > Starbucks.

I only have a large blck americano made with two espresso shots.
Both equally overrated and overpriced :smile:
Reply 131
Starbucks I usually have the frappuccinos 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Starbucks use 100% arabica bean, Costa use 50% arabica and 50% robusta. Robusta is a lower quality than arabica. It is grown at lower elavation, its easier and cheaper to grow. Hope that helped a little .
Reply 133
Neither *shrug*
Starbucks. Costa gave me an allergic reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starbucks chai tea :heart:
I like Both, Starbucks frappachinos (chocolate) with cream is the best and costas smoothies are amazing
If I have to choose between the two you have mentioned, Costa. Solely because it is cheaper.

Otherwise, out of the big 3, Nero for sure because they are cheaper and I prefer their cakes and pastries (convienience is sometimes overweighing cost). If I can, I prefer a good independent cafe, especially if it isn't too expensive.
Starbucks for me because the taste of a Starbucks drink has more flavour and is not as bland as cafe Nero or costa. Most people prefer sweet drinks and Starbucks is definitely the place for them because of its sugar amounts but also it mouthwatering spices and blends. Although there is a lot of calories in Starbucks it is most definitely the tastiest and nicest place I have drank at!
I have always preferred Starbucks because of its mixture of sugars and spices. The Starbucks seasonal drinks are the tastiest most definitely better than costa or cafe Nero. Starbucks range of drinks is also a great thing because you can have the coffee you want if that’s just plain to spiced either are better than costa . Not to downgrade costa but the experience I had was like a 6 yr old tried to make it it was way too strong and bitter but Starbucks was not too strong and was most definitely nicer!!!

Latest