The Student Room Group

Costa Hiring Process

Recently applied and got an interview?
Reply 1
Hey everyone,
I recently applied to costa and got passed the assessment process. Had my interview yesterday and it was very short. I got asked for info like Do you cycle to work? Past work experience? My knowledge on coffee and costa? Age + ID?

The manager seemed to like me and I told him I was turning 16 in August and this would be my first job. He really seemed to and hinted at that I would probably end up being hired. Apparently, the whole hiring process is really slow but the manager gave me his number and later told me I would get full training and uniform. He also asked for some personal documents like passport, birth certificate for photo ID.

My reason for coming on here though is because there are other applicants and I am wondering if costa uses some kind of recruitment tactic. Even if the manager seems confident about recruiting me, how likely is it that I will be hired?
Original post by Josh Balkans
Hey everyone,
I recently applied to costa and got passed the assessment process. Had my interview yesterday and it was very short. I got asked for info like Do you cycle to work? Past work experience? My knowledge on coffee and costa? Age + ID?

The manager seemed to like me and I told him I was turning 16 in August and this would be my first job. He really seemed to and hinted at that I would probably end up being hired. Apparently, the whole hiring process is really slow but the manager gave me his number and later told me I would get full training and uniform. He also asked for some personal documents like passport, birth certificate for photo ID.

My reason for coming on here though is because there are other applicants and I am wondering if costa uses some kind of recruitment tactic. Even if the manager seems confident about recruiting me, how likely is it that I will be hired?

Did you get hired? I have a costa interview coming up and I wanted to know what the interview process is like
Original post by bethlauren.x
Did you get hired? I have a costa interview coming up and I wanted to know what the interview process is like

Did you get hired?
Reply 4
Original post by bethlauren.x

Ye been going strong for 3 months. It's a great place to work and good pay too. In the interview they ask u basic questions. Just be yourself and be honest - it's not a corporate job. If they don't hire u it's probably bc they found someone with more experience. Don't dwell on it and apply later. I would say try to get to know the manager and staff before hand. Go into the store and order stuff and talk to the staff.
Ye been going strong for 3 months. It's a great place to work and good pay too. In the interview they ask u basic questions. Just be yourself and be honest - it's not a corporate job. If they don't hire u it's probably bc they found someone with more experience. Don't dwell on it and apply later. I would say try to get to know the manager and staff before hand. Go into the store and order stuff and talk to the staff.

Thank you for the quick reply, do you mind asking what questions they asked in the interview I just want to have a rough idea of what it will be like
Reply 6
Ye sure. This was a while ago. Questions like: :how would u get to work?, why would this job be for you?, what do you know about costa, how well do u get on with other aged people (u normally work with people older than you), availability, how would you make customers feel welcome. Some surprising ones were context questions so how would you deal with this customer or how would you deal with friends asking for freebies?
Ye sure. This was a while ago. Questions like: :how would u get to work?, why would this job be for you?, what do you know about costa, how well do u get on with other aged people (u normally work with people older than you), availability, how would you make customers feel welcome. Some surprising ones were context questions so how would you deal with this customer or how would you deal with friends asking for freebies?

Great tysm! This was helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending