The Student Room Group

working at 18

i got an interview w starbucks, does anyone know what they ask and what its like working there thank u
Dear randoperson26101,

Working in Starbucks feels like you're riding a bicycle that's on fire inside of a room that's also on fire and there's actually no wheels on the bicycle, it's just screwed to the floor and you're shackled to the pedals and if you stop pedalling, the fire engulfs you and you die. But sometimes you die anyway and they resurrect your body and make you keep pedalling. Forever.

However, under the correct circumstances (well staffed, properly stocked, nice customers), it's actually pleasant and rewarding.

Likes: copious amounts of coffee, discovering new beverage ideas but not advertising them so I do not punish myself or other baristas, when people actually perform all aspects of their assigned tasks, elderly ladies who call me 'doll' and 'sweetheart' while I give them their tall Pikes in grande cups.

Dislikes: People who order while talking on their cellphone, kids who try to order fraps from the '''''secret menu''''' and can't ever tell me a legit recipe.

Scheduling: I believe you're only supposed to change your availability approximately every six months, but if you're going to college I'm sure they can be accommodating, not like going to college is an out of the ordinary thing. Just be upfront about your schedule and if you have any days of conflict going into your interview, let them know.

On a serious note, Starbucks is actually a pretty cool job. I would go for it. Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
- Howard
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending