The Student Room Group

Slut shaming

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack Butters
Please note: the reason for woman being unable to join special forces is not physical capability. Much like the reason for women not being allowed to fight on the front line, it was a precautionary measure as it was believed men would be much more likely to try to be heroic and rescue a downed female soldier than they would a male. That being said, the Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR) does recruit women.

In regards to sport I will reel some off that I found just by looking on Google:

Tennis: Billie Jean King Vs Bobby Riggs in 1973 (Battle of the sexes)
Race car driving: Danica Patrick in 2008 (Japan indy 300)
Ultramarathon: Pamela Reed in 2002&2003 (Badwater ultramarathon 2x Winner. Also the first person to run 300miles without sleeping)

Please at least try to research before you go around calling names.

wow, you find 3 more examples (none of which are world records apart from the last), that still doesnt refute my point

Indy car is very physically demanding, but physical capabilites will not make a truly great racer, it simply helps you concentrate more on driving because you arent exhausted, you dont have to be a world class endurance athlete to do the Indy 500 even so your point is irrelevant

you have given anomalies really, the fact still stands that men dominante women in the world of athletics

"I weigh 225 pounds, and 280 pounds in full kit, as did most of the members of my ODA (a 12-man Army Green Beret unit)," one respondent said. "I expect every person on my team to be able to drag any member of my team out of a firefight. A 130 pound female could not do it, I don't care how much time she spends in the gym. Do we expect wounded men to bleed out because a female soldier could not drag him to cover?"

women also get injured more and are more inaccurate

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/09/10/marine-experiment-finds-women-get-injured-more-frequently-shoot-less-accurately-than-men/
[QUOTE="Straighthate;62681595"]wow, you find 3 more examples (none of which are world records apart from the last), that still doesnt refute my point

Indy car is very physically demanding, but physical capabilites will not make a truly great racer, it simply helps you concentrate more on driving because you arent exhausted, you dont have to be a world class endurance athlete to do the Indy 500 even so your point is irrelevant

you have given anomalies really, the fact still stands that men dominante women in the world of athletics

"I weigh 225 pounds, and 280 pounds in full kit, as did most of the members of my ODA (a 12-man Army Green Beret unit)," one respondent said. "I expect every person on my team to be able to drag any member of my team out of a firefight. A 130 pound female could not do it, I don't care how much time she spends in the gym. Do we expect wounded men to bleed out because a female soldier could not drag him to cover?"

women also get injured more and are more inaccurate

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/09/10/marine-experiment-finds-women-get-injured-more-frequently-shoot-less-accurately-than-men/[/QUOTE]

Well done for basing half of the last post on a Washington post news article. that being said, I think we are done here.
Original post by drowzee
How does having a lot of sex make you an "immoral" and "indecent" person? This stance that somehow having sex is immoral is just ridiculous; no one is getting hurt from casual sex, and the pleasure is mutual, so I fail to see how it's "immoral".

do you know what morals even are? Google it and then come back confused about how having casual sex is in fact immoral.
Original post by loveleest
I think you missed out the word "previously" before answering.
But okay, fair enough

I didnt. 'Was' is past tense.
Original post by mango peeler
do you know what morals even are? Google it and then come back confused about how having casual sex is in fact immoral.

According to you, what are 'morals'? And why is casual sex immoral
If a woman sleeps with loads of guys she gets called a slut, but when a man does it, he gets called a gay.

Double standards.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Generally speaking it implies a lack of restraint, and lack of care for their body. The difference between someone having lots of sex, and someone being careless with who they have sex with.

While many dont care about their partners previous sex life, many others do (and for good reason).

I agree that a persons sexual history should mean nothing as far as their manhood or womanhood.

I certainly would see my mother differently if i found out she was promiscous. I would think less of her. I see self control and discipline as very positive traits.

It doesn't imply lack of care. It might if we were talking about unsafe sex. But that would also be true for a non-promiscuous girl. If she wasn't using protection even with one partner, she can still be really reckless (if her partner is not monogamous). Someone who has multiple partners but uses protection is safer.

Lack of restraint, it depends on what you mean by it. Promiscuous people may be having sex as many times as you do per week or per year. They just have it with different partners every month or so while you remain with the same person. But you still do it as often so there's no lack of restraint there. And as long as it's safe and consensual, you've nothing to complain about.
Ain't it ironic females are more likely to "slut shame" other females than males? Maybe people should tell girls to stop "slut shaming" girls for "sluty" behavior? That's a good start.

I don't think anything wrong with being slut. Just sayin. Or slut shaming isn't said by sluts to stop shame for being sluts? The person who con up that term should tweak it a bit, lol.

Being called a slut isn't something to take so serious especially from strangers online or just stranger you meet on the street. I mainly noticed "slut shaming" used by women who were called that by strangers then its in a newspaper or article.

Yeah, its double standard but I don't think it should hold so much weight on that woman. Another ironic thing is some people who call promiscuous women "sluts" have just much sex as they do, lol.
spewing what hate lol? :/ I have not said anything rude to them lol; they were rude to me. so stfu
Original post by booksandcats
I don't get why female singers/performers/whatever/etc are constantly slut shamed if they wear something short for example and if a guy is shirtless then he's praised for it and they don't get for it????

#I know this is random but i me and friend were talking about it the other day.#
double standards exist and it's pretty shitty.

Pretty shitty how a topless man can be drooled over by women but if it was the other around it's just 'pervy'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have time to read all of this lol.
well done for wasting your time.
Original post by booksandcats
I don't get why female singers/performers/whatever/etc are constantly slut shamed if they wear something short for example and if a guy is shirtless then he's praised for it and they don't get for it????

#I know this is random but i me and friend were talking about it the other day.#
double standards exist and it's pretty shitty.

1456412727683.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing wrong with a 'free spirited' female. I personally love them and

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending