The Student Room Group

French after AS Level

Hi all,

This year I did AS French (results tomorrow - eek!) as I need to improve my French skills for my Masters' research, and the full A Level wasn't offered as a 1yr course at any colleges local to where I live (am on a gap year). Obviously I really want to improve my standard to make my Masters' research easier (I will mostly need good reading skills), but am unsure about what resources to use to help - can anyone recommend any textbooks and grammar books/vocab books? Also any tips on improving my French skills would be great.

Thanks!

xx
Reply 1
Depends which area of your french you need improving most really, Collins (I think its Collins...) have a nice little book with all the grammar you'll ever need in it, explained quite simply which is pretty useful if you have trouble with tenses etc. Its quite cheap in most places too, about £2 and has explained stuff way better than my A level French textbook ever has! :smile:

As for just generally improving, reading French news or magazines, or watching French tv/radio is good for helping understand things better, even if you can't understand it all just picking out the key words to build a picture of what they are talking about is useful and you get better at it with practice too :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending