The Student Room Group

Help!

Hi,
I stumbled upon this web site when I was searching for theatre studies. Quite a relief to see we are not the only people studying theatre studies without a clue of what to revise or what the course entails. Our teacher left the middle of our AS course giving birth to twins. We then recieved a new drama teacher from down under. He has never taught gcse course let alone alevel course. What makes matters worse is that our school has never run theatre studies before at alevel......we are very worried and would like to know what the actual course is. I heard mention of playwrights??? If anyone knows where we would be able to get the information plase help!! good luck to everyone in the course..
Thankyou Fi and the girls from the drama group xxxxxxx
fifitrixibelle
Hi,
I stumbled upon this web site when I was searching for theatre studies. Quite a relief to see we are not the only people studying theatre studies without a clue of what to revise or what the course entails. Our teacher left the middle of our AS course giving birth to twins. We then recieved a new drama teacher from down under. He has never taught gcse course let alone alevel course. What makes matters worse is that our school has never run theatre studies before at alevel......we are very worried and would like to know what the actual course is. I heard mention of playwrights??? If anyone knows where we would be able to get the information plase help!! good luck to everyone in the course..

Which exam board are you with?
If you search on http://www.google.co.uk for the exam boards website you should be able to get copies of the syllabus, past exam papers and course work and recommended textbooks etc etc.
Reply 2
fifitrixibelle
Hi,

yeah, exam board is a good starting point - also, make sure you actually see plays as a matter of course up until the exam, cos u'll be expected to write about them in your answers - do you even know what plays / playwrights ur meant to be studying?

Latest

Trending

Trending