The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
isn't it rougly 7.5 stone when you start menstruating?
Reply 21
well, i weigh just over 7 stone and i'm 5'7" and i have really heavy and painful periods :frown:
telecastro_59
bein male i dont really know but i heard that women can gain up to 7lbs of weight in water during a period!!
but not sure of reliability

You're right!!! :smile:

It is actually true women can gain up to 7lbs of weight the week up to and including her period. It is due to fluid/water retention.

Avoiding salty foods and drinking lots of water helps to flush out all the toxins in your system and helps to aleviate water retention.
Jenna999

not really...i had my first period when i was about 94lbs...which is about 43kg...so...less than 7 stones? :confused: (i don't relaly know the stones system)
eurasianfeline
not really...i had my first period when i was about 94lbs...which is about 43kg...so...less than 7 stones? :confused: (i don't relaly know the stones system)

94lbs = 6st 10. (1 st = 14lbs)
98lbs - 7st
Jenna999

No, i don't think so, well not for everyone. I only weigh about that now, i'm 18 now and i started my period when i was 11, i certainly didn't weigh that much at 11!
Reply 26
I always thought that, generally, the fitter you are the less painful your periods become. I've gone through a few keep fit phases in my life, and whenever I've been excercising regularly my periods have become less icky. I assume this would relate to weight in a lot of cases.
Trousers
I always thought that, generally, the fitter you are the less painful your periods become. I've gone through a few keep fit phases in my life, and whenever I've been excercising regularly my periods have become less icky. I assume this would relate to weight in a lot of cases.

They do reccommend that you exercise when you have bad period pains so i guess that this would be true.
Reply 28
i didnt mean that was set in stone for everyone, that exactly 7.5 stone you start mensttruating, because that would just be silly! Its just I watched a documentary once that followed these twin girls through puberty and it said that roughly 7.5 stones is the average weight.
Reply 29
Luckeh
im 110 pounds and im 5'8ish and mine come whenever they feel like it and when it does come it sometimes only lasts 3 days with the first day being heavy and the rest of the days not showing really anything

Yeah, mine are like you describe them... ah well, not much I can do about it. :smile:
Jenna999

i was 10, weighed 5.5 stone (i think) and my periods aren't too bad... but the rest of my family have horrible periods!

Latest