The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Peter121PRO
here guys is there any England university that just accepts a GED for admission from the US?

What's a GED?:confused:
Reply 2
hobnob
What's a GED?:confused:

maybe this
Reply 3
Lindath
maybe this

Ah. It sounds like a non-standard qualification, so it might be a bit of a problem because I doubt UK universities will come across it much. It's still worth emailing individual universities to ask, though, I suppose.:dontknow:
Reply 4
hobnob
Ah. It sounds like a non-standard qualification, so it might be a bit of a problem because I doubt UK universities will come across it much. It's still worth emailing individual universities to ask, though, I suppose.:dontknow:

The wikipedia article doesn't give that much of a hint I guess. All I found is http://www.bukisa.com/articles/90979_failed-11th-or-12th-grade-and-dont-know-what-to-do , mentioning the Heriot watt University and saying "You are required to do one year Foundation Programme which is provided by the university itself".
Based on this it seems the GED is enough to apply to universities under the condition of doing a foundation year first (which would make sense as you can do the GED without having passed all highschool years).

Latest

Trending

Trending