The Student Room Group

Student Finance - SFE or SFW?

Hey,

I'm applying for student finance for September 2024, and was wondering which type of finance i need to apply for.

I was born in Wales and moved to England for Secondary School/A-Levels. My firm choice is Cardiff University but my insurance is University of West London. I will be living away from parents in accomodation for both choices. I'm just confused on which version i need to apply for, student finance england or student finance wales.

Thanks.
Original post by saimuk
Hey,

I'm applying for student finance for September 2024, and was wondering which type of finance i need to apply for.

I was born in Wales and moved to England for Secondary School/A-Levels. My firm choice is Cardiff University but my insurance is University of West London. I will be living away from parents in accomodation for both choices. I'm just confused on which version i need to apply for, student finance england or student finance wales.

Thanks.
Hi there,

Normally if you weren't at university where would you be living?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hello,

Thanks for the response, I would be living in Birmingham, England. However, I am 100% going to university as it is my only interest. I would also like to mention that i'll be 19 before University starts in September incase that will change anything.

Thanks,
Saim.
Original post by saimuk
Hello,

Thanks for the response, I would be living in Birmingham, England. However, I am 100% going to university as it is my only interest. I would also like to mention that i'll be 19 before University starts in September incase that will change anything.

Thanks,
Saim.
You would apply to SFE for finance. Applications for 24/25 are not yet open, these are due to open in March.
Keep checking our website and social media channels for further updates.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
You would apply to SFE for finance. Applications for 24/25 are not yet open, these are due to open in March.
Keep checking our website and social media channels for further updates.

Thanks,
Claire
Thank you,

I'll keep an eye out.

Saim.
Original post by saimuk
Thank you,

I'll keep an eye out.

Saim.
You're welcome!
Have a nice evening!
Thanks,