The Student Room Group
Reply 9940
Whoops I thought didn't go back a page, and just thought that Phalanges was a new animesoc member :teehee: I don't know much about mods any more :mmm:

I'm waiting for my nendoroids to turn up. They were sent on the 2nd, but alas I used the royal mail :emo:
aww finished Pretty Face, it took me a while to get into it but it ended up being a pretty good read :cute: really liked the ending :h: those 2 :emog:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9942
Original post by Phalanges
Awesome, that would be great. :biggrin:

I'm intending to create a thread that's similar to my opening post here (specifically in terms of layout):

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20779259&postcount=1

Obviously, each section will be clearly defined and succinct. Expect something probably on Sunday when I'm generally at home. :smile:
I'm considering watching the original pokémon series for nostalgia :awesome:
Reply 9944
I'm done~!

Excellent preview Cara! Unfortunately it's only Gintama I'll be following, everything else looks pretty generic. [C] probably the only other series which may warrant a watch.
Reply 9946
Wonderful end to a wonderful arc. Water 7 was awesome :biggrin:
I just finished K-ON! 2nd series, and now I'm sad ='(

I want more Azu-nyan!
Reply 9948
Original post by chidona

Original post by chidona
I just finished K-ON! 2nd series, and now I'm sad ='(

I want more Azu-nyan!

get out:indiff:
Original post by vin
get out:indiff:

Make KyoAni make a third season and maybe I will ~
Reply 9950
One Piece

Spoiler

I've recently watched the first two OVAs of .hack//Quantum, and I have to say it's renewed my interest in the franchise. .hack// has always been a favourite of mine; I simply love the universe it's set in. While the stories tend to be fairly similar (people being trapped in the games, unable to log out or put in to comas) it's always interesting.

I haven't actually watched many of the anime, but I read .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet and a few others, and watched .hack//G.U (as well as read a few volumes of the that particular series (recently finding out that even though it seemed to end there are more volumes available) as well as having played the original .hack//Infection (although never really getting far in the series - something I hope to fix over the summer).

Anyway, I love this franchise <3
Reply 9952
The pacing in Hajime no ippo seems odd:s: its that it's really good :erm:, they get all the extensive training on but doesnt drag at all. :s:

The fight with Hayami :zomg: so good.
Reply 9953
Original post by vin
The pacing in Hajime no ippo seems odd:s: its that it's really good :erm:, they get all the extensive training on but doesnt drag at all. :s:

The fight with Hayami :zomg: so good.

I'm glad you're enjoying Hajime, Vin-kin. Everything from the pacing to the characterisation is handled extremely well. :smile:

On my end, I haven't had much of an opportunity to watch anime this past week, partly because of what's happened in Japan but predictably also because of work.

Nonetheless, I'm going through a sport binge of sorts, nearly finishing Capeta (pretty good, but could have offered more) and I'm about to start Princess Nine. After enjoying Freezing, and to a lesser extent Infinite Stratos, I decided to resume Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls as well, which has so far been rather lacklustre. Aside from the interesting and appealing animation style, the plot is weak and hasn't managed to offer anything remotely interesting. I'll probably stick with this because it's only 12 episodes, so I'm already about half way.
Reply 9954
:zomg: Miyata nooo

Mashiba :mad:
Oh man, I can't believe that MxO never got a sequel... It was really good as well...
Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC
Oh man, I can't believe that MxO never got a sequel... It was really good as well...

I was gonna read this but I heard it ended abruptly. Was the ending still satisfying though ?
Original post by Aeon Prince
I was gonna read this but I heard it ended abruptly. Was the ending still satisfying though ?

No, not at all - but mainly because it wasn't an ending; it basically just stops in the middle of the main story. From the looks of what I've read, it was abruptly canceled due to its lacking popularity, so there is still many plot points left open.

That said, I would still recommend reading it because I really enjoyed it. It's pretty funny, and has quite a lot of light-hearted action. I gave it around 4/4.5-5.
oh that sucks, was about to read that too :frown: i dont like stuff ending with no proper ending, i might give it a miss then :sigh:

havent really been in the mood for anime lately, so a couple of eps behind on a few ongoing series :s-smilie: but started to read more manga now :smile: read Show Me The Money :awesome: it was ok :p:
Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC
No, not at all - but mainly because it wasn't an ending; it basically just stops in the middle of the main story. From the looks of what I've read, it was abruptly canceled due to its lacking popularity, so there is still many plot points left open.

That said, I would still recommend reading it because I really enjoyed it. It's pretty funny, and has quite a lot of light-hearted action. I gave it around 4/4.5-5.

Hmm i'll think about reading it, I really hate it when a manga isnt finished properly =[
Btw do you have some sort of MAL or anime planet with your manga list on there? I'd like to see it, you seem to have similar tastes in manga to me. I might be able to recommend you some good ones you might not have read an vice versa :tongue:

Latest