The Student Room Group

What do you think of HIPPIES?

K so I was having a look around hippy.com (we wont go into why) and I found some interesting stuff:

LOL:

'The way of the hippie never died. There have always been hippies from the first time society laid down rules, to Jesus, to Henry David Thoreau, to John Lennon, to you and me. I believe there’s a little hippy in all of us. It’s just been repressed by our socialization process. We need to find it and cultivate our hippie within. Only then can we reach our true potential. As hippies age they come to terms with the same situations all humans must face. Wiser than before, let’s help the younger hippies find a way to save the earth and achieve more freedom than exists in our wildest dreams. Let’s find our common ground, build a worldwide community, and once again let our freak flags fly and become all we are destined to be. '

So who would this guy look to if he needed major heart surgery? Or there was an epidemic of cholera amongst the hippy camp? His plant doctor?? Or some guy who'd been 'enslaved' by the 'system' to get a medical degree?

Tbh they strike me as naive to think the world would keep running with no problems if everyone lived like they do. At the same time, I wouldnt mind lying under a tree all day, taking a psychadelic trip and practising peace and free love to all, with unlimited freedom to do as I please. I just suppose they dont mean the ENTIRE world to convert, just for us to accept them as freethinking individuals and let them be?

Opinions please :smile:
tl; dr duuuuuuuude.

I think they're awesome.
Reply 2
Need their hair cut.
Reply 3
hippies should get a ************* job
Reply 4
I love hippies!

I've been told i'm like one a lot of times because im so laid back
ive never met one so i dont know...
Reply 6
too tired to read this
They're easy prey, but not too nutritious. Most people consider me a hippy, which is odd, as i frequently call for their rapid, entrail-stained demise
Reply 8
I don't like them as much as elbow-ees or leg-ees.
Reply 9
Young hippies are forgiveable, old hippies are stupid. Simples.

EDIT: And holistic medicine can suck my teat.
They were good in their time.
i don't care, how they want to live is their own business.
Reply 12
I don't known i never met any hippies:frown:
Reply 13
Q. What's red, orange and looks good on hippies?

A. Fire.
Reply 14
Awesome, dude... :smoking:
Reply 15
I know some hardcore hippies... supposedly very eco, a few are vegetarians/vegans... though some of them travel by plane to backpack around places (carbon emmisions, anyone?) and one of the vegans wears leather etc.

I've enjoyed the time I spent around them back in the day but frankly, I work hard for my money and don't want to be made to feel like some consumerist idiot for wanting to buy things. I'm also not interested in finding enlightenment through drugs, which is a major past time of these particular hippies.
Reply 16
Was cool in the 60s.
I think their awesome. I'm a half Taoist anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending