The Student Room Group

Queen's University, Belfast 2010 Applicants Thread

Hello there all, I couldn't see one of these threads around but I have seen it in a fair few people's sigs...

So lets make our own one! Whether you're Irish, English, wherever, if you're applying to Queen's join the thread :smile:! We can discuss what we've applied for, how fast/slow they are being and any other Queen's related things.

Tell me what subject you've applied for, etc, anything :smile:. We can post decisions in here too.

English -
Alexandra1234567 (me!):Unconditional offer
Curlew: Pending
Metro2610: Conditional offer

English with Linguistics -
lmoore3: Pending

French -
Emeleh: Pending

Sociology -
Mikeybey: Conditional offer

Medicine -
Sanjetti: UUnconditional offer
Sarah182: Conditional offer
Lord Wilson: Conditional offer
Quirky182: Conditional offer
kivper: Conditional offer
Conall1: Conditional offer

Social Anthropology -
Slpemberton: Pending

Environmental Planning -
Moncherie:Conditional offer
Emmanuel321:Conditional offer

Law -
Footprints: Pending
Me=]: Conditional

Law and Politics -
Footprints: Pending

Modern History and Politics-
Paper_Planes: Conditional offer

Modern History and International Politics-
Aislinn=]: Conditional offer

International Politics -
Laura_frances: Pending

Psychology -
Becca =]: Conditional Offer

Social Work -
Becca =]: Pending

Architecture -
Berry10: Pending

Computer Science -
SmileLetsGo: Pending
Pavan.R: Pending

Finance -
Kylef: Conditional

Finance & Economics -

Business Economics -
Me=]: Conditional

Law with Spanish -
Mazza_hazza: Conditional

French and Spanish -
Mazza_hazza: Conditional

Criminology -
Beccabocker: Conditional

Biomed -
Quirky182: Conditional
kivper: Conditional offer

Mechanical Engineering -
Nuada: Pending

Civil Engineering -
FieldLeftBlank: Pending

Chem Engineering -
EoghanM: Pending

Geography -
Emmanuel321: Conditional

Archaeology-
moorw003: Conditional

Congratulations to all of us who have offers so far! :rave:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applied for French, haven't heard anything back yet! :smile:
Ah :smile:, hello!

Are they a back-up choice of yours? And woo you're applying from England too!
Reply 3
Hey there!

I've applied for Sociology. I sent off on friday, haven't heard anything yet.

Congrats on your offer!

I'm quite worried about being so far away, mind. I fell in love with the university when I went to see it (even though it was torrential rain and the flights were all delayed) but it's still kinda scary...
mikeybey
Hey there!

I've applied for Sociology. I sent off on friday, haven't heard anything yet.

Congrats on your offer!

I'm quite worried about being so far away, mind. I fell in love with the university when I went to see it (even though it was torrential rain and the flights were all delayed) but it's still kinda scary...

Ahh, thank you! I was sooo pleased.

I think they were quicker with me as I already met their entry requirements, if that helps.

Ah, I didn't get a chance to visit :frown:, so I'm relying on going to see it soon, but I love the look of it and the course and heard brilliant things from people I know who went there.

What was the campus like :smile:?
Also my parents are worried about the distance also though, haha! I annoyed them by saying I preferred it to Sheffield in theory.

I remember reading about their overseas (inc. UK) travel bursaries though, I think that's if you get AAA :smile:.
Reply 6
Wahey well done OP!

I'm applying for medicine myself :smile:
Reply 7
Alexandra1234567
Ah :smile:, hello!

Are they a back-up choice of yours? And woo you're applying from England too!

Yeah pretty much! Still like it a fair amount though :smile:
What about you?

Yep sure am! Apparently at lot of the students there are Irish though? Not that I don't like Irish just not sure how it compares to other unis!
emeleh
Yeah pretty much! Still like it a fair amount though :smile:
What about you?

Yep sure am! Apparently at lot of the students there are Irish though? Not that I don't like Irish just not sure how it compares to other unis!

I think it's a healthy mix of people from Northern Ireland, internationals and mainland UK :smile:.

The locals tend to commute home at weekends though.

Well, sort of a back up for me, they're the only place I applied that I already meet the requirements for, but I prefer it to Sheffield I think!
Sanjetti
Wahey well done OP!

I'm applying for medicine myself :smile:

Hello!

I hear they have ever such a good medical school, :smile:. Good luck!
Reply 10
Alexandra1234567
I think it's a healthy mix of people from Northern Ireland, internationals and mainland UK :smile:.

The locals tend to commute home at weekends though.

Well, sort of a back up for me, they're the only place I applied that I already meet the requirements for, but I prefer it to Sheffield I think!

Oh cool :biggrin:

Nice one, was Sheffield your first choice originally then? (: Ah I know the feeling though, I applied for the same reasons, because of the grades but actually prefer it to some of the others I've applied for! :rolleyes:
emeleh
Oh cool :biggrin:

Nice one, was Sheffield your first choice originally then? (: Ah I know the feeling though, I applied for the same reasons, because of the grades but actually prefer it to some of the others I've applied for! :rolleyes:

Haha no, not at all, it's just my other current offer :smile:.

Yeah it's strange how things turn out isn't it...It seems like such an underrated place as well, considering its Russel Group and like, in the top 150 in the world isn't it?
Reply 12
Alexandra1234567

Yeah it's strange how things turn out isn't it...It seems like such an underrated place as well, considering its Russel Group and like, in the top 150 in the world isn't it?

I totally agree! And the entry requirements seem really low for a Russell Group, considering the other Unis in the group all seem to want a lot from you academically! (:
emeleh
I totally agree! And the entry requirements seem really low for a Russell Group, considering the other Unis in the group all seem to want a lot from you academically! (:

Yeah, :smile: plus it seems a really cool place to study, Belfast has that edge to it.
Yay! I'm applying for Law with Politics and Politics :smile:. Anyone applying for either of those courses, PM me! Anyone know when they usually give out offers?
Reply 15
Alexandra1234567
Ahh, thank you! I was sooo pleased.

I think they were quicker with me as I already met their entry requirements, if that helps.

Ah, I didn't get a chance to visit :frown:, so I'm relying on going to see it soon, but I love the look of it and the course and heard brilliant things from people I know who went there.

What was the campus like :smile:?

It was great, about a 10 minute walk from the uni to the accommodation but that didn't matter really. The place itself was wonderful! They've got a brand new library, gym and all new rooms. The rooms themselves were nice and spacious, had free broadband and free tvs in the common room/kitchen, and started at £75 a week! :redface:

I really fell in love with the place, but the distance makes me uncertain about it :\
Good luck footprints :biggrin:! I see you've applied there twice, you must really like it :smile:.

Their admissions principles state they try and reply within 5 weeks but for oversubscribed courses (Law, English etc) they could take longer.

Mine was so fast because I have the grades they want I think.

And mikeybey, ooooh :woo:, I like a bit of distance personally. Yes, when I looked up accom the most expensive was 90ish, which is SUCH good value :smile:.
Reply 17
Alexandra1234567
Hello!

I hear they have ever such a good medical school, :smile:. Good luck!

Yeah it's brilliant! Good luck with your apps too :biggrin:
Sanjetti
Yeah it's brilliant! Good luck with your apps too :biggrin:

Thanks :biggrin:, well, my Belfast battle is over at least :tongue:.
Reply 19
I'm applying too :biggrin:

For Medicine - and another one from england! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending