The Student Room Group

Queen's University, Belfast 2010 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for Law with Politics :woo:. Anyone else applying for this course?
Reply 181
'Me=
']The open day has already passed it was in the first week of september. I think its different for unis in Northern Ireland and England in that all Northern Ireland uni open days are at the start of september whereas in England there a while after that. Maybe there is another one on but not that i know of because ive already went with my school on like the first week of september.

yeahh i went too :smile:
it was really good
but in england anyway there are post offer ones where you check out other things & meet people etc but i guess its different in NI

but thanks for the info anyways :smile:
what you applying for ????
Reply 182
Emmanuel321

ahh thanks for the info :smile:

ive already been but just wondered whether there were post offer open ddays but obv different in NI

what you applying for ?

:biggrin:
'aislinn=
']ahh thanks for the info :smile:

ive already been but just wondered whether there were post offer open ddays but obv different in NI

what you applying for ?

:biggrin:

I'm applying for Geography and Environmental Planning :smile:
hby?
Reply 184
Emmanuel321
I'm applying for Geography and Environmental Planning :smile:
hby?

cool :smile:

ive got conditional offers for modern history & modern history & international politics :smile:

your first choice ?
Yeah my first choice :smile:

Queens sent me an email, i got all excited because i thought it was a track update, but it wasn't =(
Emmanuel321

Queens sent me an email, i got all excited because i thought it was a track update, but it wasn't =(

The one "we are such a great uni" e-mail? I got that too and I got excited. Maybe it's just to instill in you false hopes only to be shattered later :biggrin:
FieldLeftBlank
The one "we are such a great uni" e-mail? I got that too and I got excited. Maybe it's just to instill in you false hopes only to be shattered later :biggrin:

Yeaah that one :redface:
Are you applying to Queens then? :smile:
Emmanuel321
Yeaah that one :redface:
Are you applying to Queens then? :smile:

Yep, and it's only their decision I'm waiting for. Signature didn't appear with my last post, for some reason...
Edit:Quote missing.
FieldLeftBlank
Yep, and it's only their decision I'm waiting for. Signature didn't appear with my last post, for some reason...

What are you applying for? :smile:
Civil Engineering. Let's hope this post has my signature below :rolleyes:
I read somewhere (in this topic, probably) that they take 5 weeks on average to respond. Yesterday it was officially 4 since I sent my app :smile:
I do believe I have quoted from the principles about the 5 week thing :smug:.

My gap year is clearly a productive one haha.
Reply 193
Emmanuel321

ohh no :frown:

it took me like a week to work out that you had to click choices to see if you had any offers..... . so dosy !

im sure you'll hear something soon

:smile:
'aislinn=
']ohh no :frown:

it took me like a week to work out that you had to click choices to see if you had any offers..... . so dosy !

im sure you'll hear something soon

Yeah i hope i do, is Queens your first choice too? :biggrin:
Alexandra1234567
I do believe I have quoted from the principles about the 5 week thing :smug:.

My gap year is clearly a productive one haha.

Ahh that's good then :smile:
Is Queens your first choice or do you have others in mind?
Emmanuel321
Ahh that's good then :smile:
Is Queens your first choice or do you have others in mind?

Well as they made me an unconditional they're like my backup :smile:. I have four offers in total, and I'm waiting on the final one so it all depends what my results are (as I get my final grades in March) and then I'll decide.

What did you apply for?
Reply 197
Applied for Archaeology-Palaeoecology and Geography, still awaiting a response. Fingers crossed
Alexandra1234567
Well as they made me an unconditional they're like my backup :smile:. I have four offers in total, and I'm waiting on the final one so it all depends what my results are (as I get my final grades in March) and then I'll decide.

What did you apply for?

Ahh at least you have a really good backup then :smile:
I applied for geography and Environmental Planning. Still waiting for news :smile:
Reply 199
Emmanuel321
Yeah i hope i do, is Queens your first choice too? :biggrin:

yeahh definatley my first choice :biggrin:

I went and fell in love with it but its a bit scary putting a sea between uni and home !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending