The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Jay Sean Patel
hi

i was just wondering in the economics exam for OCR which is taking place in january are ''monopoly's'' and ''barriers of entry'' going to be examined in the test. Im curious because these topics are not in the specified economics book published by ocr but there are questions about these topics in past papers.......help please:smile:

thanks in advance

I'm sorry I'm bit lost here, but what kind of help you want from us?
Reply 2
One can only presume that if they are past papers then they may be in january . . . Get revising . . But not today lol
the OCR Econ syllabus changed so maybe some of questions on the past papers are not relevant to you, I wouldn't know since I have already completed my A Levels...check on the syllabus on the OCR website.
Reply 4
it wont take you too long to revise those topics, they're pretty simple so revise them anyway
jpatel10
it wont take you too long to revise those topics, they're pretty simple so revise them anyway

ouch, rejection from lse?! Looking at your other course apps I'm guessing it was your ps?
Reply 6
Jay Sean Patel
hi

i was just wondering in the economics exam for OCR which is taking place in january are ''monopoly's'' and ''barriers of entry'' going to be examined in the test. Im curious because these topics are not in the specified economics book published by ocr but there are questions about these topics in past papers.......help please:smile:

thanks in advance

heyy ... err no dont think they are on, im doing the same exam in jan for ocr and the syllabus has changed and monoplies etc are no longer on the specifictaion... they were previously on, thats why you've seen them in past papers, but they shouldnt be on in january, well i dont think so anyway.
_anum
heyy ... err no dont think they are on, im doing the same exam in jan for ocr and the syllabus has changed and monoplies etc are no longer on the specifictaion... they were previously on, thats why you've seen them in past papers, but they shouldnt be on in january, well i dont think so anyway.

A Levels are being dumbed down, I remember doing monopolies for AS Econ back in the day,

:p:
Reply 8
Joy Division
A Levels are being dumbed down, I remember doing monopolies for AS Econ back in the day,

:p:

hahaha ... well im not complaining :P they say the jump from gcse to AS i now smaller but the jump from AS to a level is massive....lots to look forward to! :/

Latest