The Student Room Group

what is the best way to revise for a level economics (edexcel)

I’m doing economics next year for a level but as it’s a new subject I was just wondering if there’s any study tips for economics?

Scroll to see replies

uplearn or snaprevise maybe?
Reply 2
Original post by emilyfields101
I’m doing economics next year for a level but as it’s a new subject I was just wondering if there’s any study tips for economics?

I did A-level Economics (Edexcel) and I got an A so here's what I think helped:
- I made handwritten notes during Economics lessons and then typed them up at home. Not only did this help me revisit what I had learnt and revise it, it also allowed me to double check if I understood everything. If I found something I wasn't sure about, I would watch a short YouTube video on it or email my teacher about it before typing up my final copy of notes. File these notes away so you can easily look back on them for revision or as a refresher.
- We sometimes had active debates in lessons about a particular topic e.g. the impact of low oil prices. Our teacher would randomly divide us into 'for' and 'against', we would plan our argument for 10-15 minutes and then do a live debate for 45 minutes. He encouraged us to relate our points to other Economic topics as much as we could e.g. exchange rates, collusions etc. Perhaps do this with a group of friends from your Economics class or recommend this idea to your Economics teacher.
- Follow the news and see how articles link to what you have been learning. Annotate and highlight key points that could be used in exam answers.
- Do lots and lots of past papers. Do it in timed conditions and then get your teacher to mark it for you.
- Keep a definitions bank. I did this on a Word document; just make a 2-column table with 'Keyword' and 'Definition' as the headings and add to it after every lesson. Print it and use it as revision.
- Tutor2u is a great website for the Edexcel spec; lots of information and revision resources on there. EconomicsHelp is also really good.
I hope this somewhat helps & good luck with your studies!
Reply 3
https://www.youtube.com/user/EconplusDal/playlists
Dal is the only reason I got an A* in economics^
Reply 4
I did AQA and got an A*, using a revision guide is really useful for learning content, I also used econ plus dal to help me learn the most difficult content and help me get higher level evaluation points, i also spent a lot of time learning the markshceme for the higher 25 and 15 mark questions, which helped me practice and mark my own 25/15 markers, this is really important as this is where the majority of the marks are, to get these high marks the basic content needs to be mastered especially for edexcel as im pretty sure you don't get to choose your questions like aqa do.
Original post by NRZ71131
- I made handwritten notes during Economics lessons and then typed them up at home. Not only did this help me revisit what I had learnt and revise it, it also allowed me to double check if I understood everything. If I found something I wasn't sure about, I would watch a short YouTube video on it or email my teacher about it before typing up my final copy of notes. File these notes away so you can easily look back on them for revision or as a refresher.
- We sometimes had active debates in lessons about a particular topic e.g. the impact of low oil prices. Our teacher would randomly divide us into 'for' and 'against', we would plan our argument for 10-15 minutes and then do a live debate for 45 minutes. He encouraged us to relate our points to other Economic topics as much as we could e.g. exchange rates, collusions etc. Perhaps do this with a group of friends from your Economics class or recommend this idea to your Economics teacher.
- Follow the news and see how articles link to what you have been learning. Annotate and highlight key points that could be used in exam answers.
- Do lots and lots of past papers. Do it in timed conditions and then get your teacher to mark it for you.
- Keep a definitions bank. I did this on a Word document; just make a 2-column table with 'Keyword' and 'Definition' as the headings and add to it after every lesson. Print it and use it as revision.
- Tutor2u is a great website for the Edexcel spec; lots of information and revision resources on there. EconomicsHelp is also really good.

thank you so much! this was really helpful
Original post by emilyfields101

To be honest, economics is not that hard when you really think about it. I did it last year and got 328/335 which was 60 marks above the A* boundary. If you want, I could send you the notes that I used if you messaged me in private.
Reply 7
Original post by jeremiah_23
To be honest, economics is not that hard when you really think about it. I did it last year and got 328/335 which was 60 marks above the A* boundary. If you want, I could send you the notes that I used if you messaged me in private.

could you send me your notes please?
Hiya im studying economics and finding it really hard to revise, are there any possible ways you could send me your notes please thanks?

Hello. I am doing Economics this year and rather find it quite difficult and struggling to learn the subject. So can you please send me your detailed notes you mentioned? Although I am doing Economics A Edexcel, any notes are amazing as the knowledge is seemingly the same. Thank you very much!!!
Reply 10

Hey, I have read that you had written up your notes, is it ok if I can possible have a digital copy of them?, thx.

Hey could you send me the notes please?

Could you please send the notes?
Hey! Can you please send me your notes too!

Hey, can you send me your notes too please.
Reply 15
Hey, can you send me your notes please?
Reply 16
@jeremiah_23

Could you please send the notes to me?
Reply 17

Hi, could you also send me your notes, please? It would really help me.
Reply 18

Hey could you send me the notes please
Reply 19

Hiya, do you still have any of your notes from when you was taking the Alevel, stuck on C, but really want a A at the end of Yr13

Quick Reply

Latest